Black People : Edward Barneys: "Father Of Propoganda" - Origins Of Media Manipulation

Wow!

Well, I don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to see how this video goes hand-in-hand with my findings of which I just posted recently.

In his 1928 publication, Propaganda, he says,

“if we understand the mechanisms and motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without them knowing it. ”

I remember a book one of my childern's mandatory requirement in school to read a book called, The Wisdom of Crowds, and although I can't remember its content, I've since done more research about this ideology. I think the only way to deal with this kind of underhanded way for a system to act is to put forth HONESTY, to be honest. Thank you for posting this video!

So, his uncle is Sigmund Freud!

I think the public should make considerable efforts of understanding this thing called "propaganda". How it is used, especially when used to deceive the public.

There is an old museum here, and this thread reminded me about it because it has very old advertisment adds, huge posters, when cigarettes were commercialized everywhere, on TV, in movies, and etc. And pretty women were used to sale them. Because this is big money here in Durham, because of the Tobacco plant, the museum really is an eye opener of how propaganda was used and so effective. Now though, there are still a lot of older women, European women like, in their 90s+ that still smoke heavily!

I remember that some of my step fathers people, the Black women in his family, the older ones, they rely heavily on 'snuff'! This was big business too. And his older women have those nasty little cups besides their beds or chairs and such, so they can spit in them, from chewing snuff. And I remember when I used to live in Texas, the young White guys, the cowboy hat wearing, boot wearing guys would chew snuff in the high schools, lol!--and the administrations tried to stop them, because they would spit in certain areas of the hallways...Now, America becomes so 'good' smh, and spend lots of money trying to help Americans to stop smoking due to health reasons and connections to cancer...but their trade became good in other places int he world like in China where I hear they now have a big problem...

propaganda and trade power...seems to go hand-in-hand.

Interesting that Sigmund Freud's nephew wrote the book on propaganda. As the first video says, Goebbels used propaganda. He was, in fact, the Propaganda Minister of the Nazis. No once before or since, however (or in correlation to Goebbels) used propaganda more effectively than Adolph Hitler, e.g., "tell a lie. A BIG lie. Make it big enough and tell it often enough and people will believe it."

It's interesting that Freud's nephew "codified" the idea used so effectively by the Nazis which resulted in the mass murder of the presumably Jewish author's people, as well precipitated his uncle's permanent flight from his homeland of Germany.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back