Black Spirituality Religion : Does the bible teach violence?

Why wouldn't someone agree with the Father's take on life, seeing that He's given it? :confused: We are His creation, so whether we live or die is His decision, and there can be no argument to it. But we have been given a decision to make before us, in believing and having faith in His Son, so that we can have life the life we seek with the Most High, just as He does after His resurrection and ascension. This is what His sacrifice for our sins was for, so that we can choose life.

The death of our bodies is inevitable, so regardless of how it comes about, it was going to happen anyway since the days of Adam. But living on beyond that is up to what we do in worshiping our KING.

If I dare to chime in on this thread: If one is truly about uniting us etc., why would some here either place their blind faith in one book, or others deny that others faiths are as valid as their own beliefs?

In the case of the first: Being of the same faith didn't lead a lot of white folks to end slavery, and in the second case, that in and of itself neither implies nor suggests our ancestors/forebears/uncles/aunts/grandparents/parents/etc. beliefs or faith as any less valid than our own...

It was and is either the hoarding or misuse of the things our Creators meant to provide all of us, i. e., by a relative handful, which was and is what characterizes either our next challenges and/or our fates...

We are born creatures of free will: So we choose to either destroy or protect the lands we will on and/or each other...

FYI

If I dare to chime in on this thread: If one is truly about uniting us etc., why would some here either place their blind faith in one book, or others deny that others faiths are as valid as their own beliefs?

In the case of the first: Being of the same faith didn't lead a lot of white folks to end slavery, and in the second case, that in and of itself neither implies nor suggests our ancestors/forebears/uncles/aunts/grandparents/parents/etc. beliefs or faith as any less valid than our own...

It was and is either the hoarding or misuse of the things our Creators meant to provide all of us, i. e., by a relative handful, which was and is what characterizes either our next challenges and/or our fates...

We are born creatures of free will: So we choose to either destroy or protect the lands we will on and/or each other...

FYI

Well said chuck, well said indeed ... :toast:

FYI

What I have learned is that "the people of old and the so called prophets...they declared their belief in a God...in a concept of right and wrong. They prayed and then they rose up from their knees and began to kick @ss as proof of their belief and what they prayed for. In essence, they taught me that "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD". So we claim to have all this faith and all this belief without any action that proves what we believe in to have any value at all.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back