Food Discussion : Do we eat for taste or substance?

What are we eating, do we know?

• Total voters
Taste for me. I like to savor my food and think about all the flavors and how it wakes my senses.
Food is like sex in my mouth lol...It's like an explosion of flavorful sensations.

Taste for me as well because if it don't taste good I'm not biting.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Keep doing what you are doing, you'll get there. Watch Gluten intake also...

Gluten-free diet: What's allowed, what's not

By Mayo Clinic staff
Definition

A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes the protein gluten. Gluten is found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye and triticale (a cross between wheat and rye).
A gluten-free diet is used to treat celiac disease. Gluten causes inflammation in the small intestines of people with celiac disease. Eating a gluten-free diet helps people with celiac disease control their signs and symptoms and prevent complications.
Initially, following a gluten-free diet may be frustrating. But with time, patience and creativity, you'll find there are many foods that you already eat that are gluten-free and you will find substitutes for gluten-containing foods that you can enjoy.
Purpose

The gluten-free diet is a treatment for celiac disease.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gluten-free-diet/my01140/

Peace In,

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

For now, companies are betting the trend has some staying power. In July, Smart Balance, which has since changed its name to Boulder Brands, bought Udi's Health Foods, which makes a variety of gluten-free products from bread to cookies, for about $126 million in cash and said it expected the purchase to accelerate its growth rate.

Forget Fat -- The Hot, New Thing to Avoid Is Gluten

Plucked from the relative obscurity it enjoyed merely a few years ago, gluten intolerance or sensitivity has become one of today's hottest health topics.
Nearly 30 percent of Americans reported in January wanting to cut down or eliminate gluten in their diet, according to new data from the NPD Group. And where consumers see a chance to be healthier, restaurants and food manufacturers see a business opportunity.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/forget-fat-hot-thing-avoid-111226861.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back