Black Women : Do our desires make us unhappy?

I believe this is part of the problem, certainly. When we go for things unnatural, we still have to face everyday how these things aren't truly apart of us, thus, we have to face our real selves and for many that is not easy; that is especially with society always telling us to hate ourselves because they say we can never be well enough before any.

Make up isn't your real face, hair extensions isn't your real hair, corsets isn't your real shape, heels aren't your real height, colored contacts aren't your real eyes, and fake nail aren't really your nails. Having to face where you feel you lack can tear a person down from the inside out, but if it isn't face, you're only going to delude yourself further setting yourself up for an even greater fall.

Also, certain other unnatural desires which kind of go passed material but can be connected to it does hinder as well. Like a desire to be with a man at all costs; that's not natural nor is it right, but going after such a desire will wreck a woman's life because she will make any and all excuses to stay with him regardless of how the relationship actually turns out. This is dangerous and many times fatal. Though they say they're happy, they're not but only feel justified as a woman by having any guy at her side.

These things do take from happiness, but with them taken away from you, then you can finally see clearly where happiness truly lay.

I think this is a wonderful post!

:toast:

One Love, and PEACE

Yes it can make one unhappy...I believe the media is built around the insecurity of others...Look at the rap/r&b videos and all the "bling" they show off, all the money they throw around and brag about.

Most of us who live in lower to middle class cannot relate to having these lavish things. It causes people to do foolish things in order to attain these materialistic things.

Moreover as black women...Yes, we see these women in the videos with big butts or they are light skinned, and you have women doing ungodly things to their body to be desired by men who only value their physical image.

Then we have the other side of this so-called "glamorization"...Where they show these models as being rail thin...Fortunately, I feel black women are less likely to be affected by this image.

These unnatural materialistic things is not something that we cannot take with us when our time on earth is done.

EDIT: "cannot"

I'm so glad you're back, MsInterpret! That's first. I think that this, too, is an *outstanding post*, Sis.

:toast:

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back