Black Spirituality Religion : Christians: What are your views on "the Hamitic Curse?" Does it really refer to all Africans?

Does the interpretation of one preacher means that its accurate? Simply because he is a preacher?

C'mon John... that is straight... :bell::bs:

does the study of the christian religion start and stop with what one preacher says?
:math:,,,Logic...you can't beat it.

Peace!

Does the interpretation of one preacher means that its accurate? Simply because he is a preacher?

C'mon John... that is straight... :bell::bs:

does the study of the christian religion start and stop with what one preacher says?

If I'm remembering correctly, I have heard more than one Christian preacher assert that Blacks are the descendants of Ham, Asians are the descendants of Japheth, and Whites are the descendants of Shem.

Incidentally, as I thought about the assertion, it occurred to me that those three races (Black, White, and Yellow) were the only known races on earth during the time that this myth (that Blacks came from Ham, Asians from Japheth, etc.) came into existence. Whoever made the myth up did not account for the Red and Brown races who were in the Western Hemisphere. The makers of the myth only knew about Black, White, and Yellow and they assigned each race to a son of Noah. This tells me right there that the assertion is a myth.

If I'm remembering correctly, I have heard more than one Christian preacher assert that Blacks are the descendants of Ham, Asians are the descendants of Japheth, and Whites are the descendants of Shem.

Incidentally, as I thought about the assertion, it occurred to me that those three races (Black, White, and Yellow) were the only known races on earth during the time that this myth (that Blacks came from Ham, Asians from Japheth, etc.) came into existence. Whoever made the myth up did not account for the Red and Brown races who were in the Western Hemisphere. The makers of the myth only knew about Black, White, and Yellow and they assigned each race to a son of Noah. This tells me right there that the assertion is a myth.

Here is the problem... when you study religion... do you actually study preachers or the religion itself? Do you take the time to look at the scriptures, at the time that they were written, the revisions in which they held at that time, the anthropological evidence of that time to corroborate them... or do you simply listen to preachers... which is never a way to study a religion...

You are reviewing an interpretation of a book through the mindset of that minister, which will answer not based on what the words say but as to their own bias, their hates, their persona. Depending on the era, they believed slavery was good... and then changed their minds to that idea, but in that meantime, took the time to say that slavery to the South and Central American natives were wrong, but that of the African was good... and they did this still based off the same words that were interpreted in the beginning.

So lets solve this logically... How possible is it for a man and woman to have three children... all of different ethnic backgrounds? None walked this earth to have done so.
Its a myth.. simple as that... It is there way of explaining the variety of races in this world and an attempt to reign all into the dialogue... great for night storytelling, horrible for an idea of who came from who based off of Noah?

They couldn't account for other people, because at the time they didn't explore and meet those people... same as Jews don't believe in hell, just shoal, while the greeks entered those concepts of heaven and hell into the equation based off their mathematical philosophical ideals.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back