Black People : Black woman defends Confederate flag, says ‘slavery was a choice’

This sister has a great deal of courage speaking about a belief in what most have come to view as a reprehensible symbol of slavery. Be that as it may she is on point regarding a few things. The flag does represent freedom, however that freedom was for whites in those confederate states to continue using slaves. It does represent for those 11 states attempt to to secede from what they may have considered big government, also oppression was not and is not exclusive to the confederacy. I may not totally agree with her but I will respect her right to free speech and I will not condemn her for voicing her beliefs. They are hers and she is entitled to them...Personally, I couldn't give a s--t about this flag or what some may consider it to represent but I understand the poison some people feel it spreads....

I don’t see the Confederate flag as symbol of slavery or racism, I see it as a symbol of treason because those who fought under it raised arms against US forces. That’s my only problem with the Confederate flag.

While true; during the Civil War, the South was on the wrong side of history, but let’s face it; the Civil War started in 1861, the Emancipation Proclamation ending slavery wasn’t until 1863. So it would be foolish to claim the Civil war was started over slavery.

Now I realize the KKK committed many atrocities under the banner of the Confederate flag, but they also committed those atrocities under the banner of Christianity! As a matter of fact Christianity was used to justify slavery in the first place, and in order to be in the original Ku Klux Klan, part of the pledge required you profess Christianity! You couldn’t be Atheist, Hindu, or anything else, you had to be Christian. Far more harm was done to black people under the banner of the bible and Christianity than was ever done under that flag, yet black people are some of the most Christianist people you would ever want to meet. So why do so many black people judge the Confederate flag as racist and hateful because of the way it was used, but embrace Christianity by turning a blind eye to the racism and hateful way IT was used?

Ken

I don’t see the Confederate flag as symbol of slavery or racism,

Of course you don't. you love white people. You must love how your comments are celebrated on stormfront huh? lol

Many people aren't feeling christianity either.

You can't say confederate flag did less than christianity. It's the same ish.

that's like saying cyanide is too much poison for you so you use rat poison lol

you ain't fooling nobody. Ken Jones that's the fake name you're using now right?

You can't help yourself you love "black" people so you hug us close but yet you can't help the fact that you love to serve your master too.

Stop looking at "black" people in a bubble? Why do i have to KEEP repeating this?

chris.jpg

Many people aren't feeling christianity either.
But most do. My question is that vast majority of black people who do feel Christianity.

You can't say confederate flag did less than christianity. It's the same ish.
that's like saying cyanide is too much poison for you so you use rat poison lol
No, it’s like saying I hate both, but I can’t understand why some hate rat poison but love cyanide.

you ain't fooling nobody. Ken Jones that's the fake name you're using now right?
You ain’t fooling nobody either. MS234 that’s a fake name you’re using now right?

You can't help yourself you love "black" people so you hug us close but yet you can't help the fact that you love to serve your master too.
I have no master; do you?

Stop looking at "black" people in a bubble? Why do i have to KEEP repeating this?
Perhaps you should think of something else to say; something that might actually apply to the point that is being made.

Ken

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back