Black Entertainment : Are You Boycotting The Remake of Roots Tonight?

Snoop's response to Roland Martin's suggestion that he stop smoking weed and invest into some of the films that do attempt to do what he was ranting about was...

"I will not, nope nope nope nope nope, bi... a.. ni.... nope".

Then proceeds to say "Imma let my work speak for me"

View attachment 5920

View attachment 5919

It speaks

Appreciating what you've said, if I understand you correctly, Snoop has a lot of nerve talking. Well, I am not a Snoop fan by any stretch of the imagination. But, what he says about all these slave movies still stands, with me anyway. For once he is on point. I have had a copy of 12 Year A Slave since it first came out, someone gave it to me, and I still haven't watched it, never will. I did go see Django on opening day, Christmas. But, I wasn't impressed.

If it is necessary to do slave movies, I would rather that they start to do them as documentaries, and base them on facts, than categorize them as "Entertainment". What's so entertaining about slavery?

'Roots' revisited: Balance slavery with success stories

Snoop Dogg isn’t wrong.

And neither are those who disagree with his assertion that black people don’t need another “Roots” or endless dissections of centuries of victimization, hurt, trauma and pure racism.

Truth is, America needs both.

We, as a country, need reminders of what happened to generations of African Americans. But we all also need consistent affirmation that what slavery did to so many African Americans is not all that their descendants are ...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/col...ted-balance-slavery-success-stories/85348354/

B9322334043Z.1_20160527152259_000_GCPEGTFL2.1-0.jpg

(Photo: Steve Dietl)

I watched the series on demand and thought it was great! Very well acted. It was great.

Same here, and Chicken George's personality and character, as portrayed this time around, spoke to some fundamental truths about our resilience as Black men, in particular.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back