Black People : Are we brown or black???

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

i meant with you two....

If I were in your shoes and someone had laid out a case scenario in my lap, I would investigate and attempt to reconcile the differences. And when I say these things to you, I do so from no other perspective than many, many real life experiences/situations. It's called conflict resolution, jamesfrmphilly.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT1jLY20tLo

Malcolm X makes it plain about Black

Brother, you and a few others are still missing the point made by the thread starter. Our designation as Black People is both accepted and understood. Any time spent arguing that fact, as with this video of Malcolm X(Denzell) is useless and makes no sense at all; and doesn't adequately address the issues of peopleofcolor's Thread.

peopleofcolor said:

Are we brown or black???

I was just looking up the defination of brown and black and this is what i found...

Brown means...

The term applied to a copper coin that no longer has the red color of copper. There are many "shades" of brown color -- mahogany, chocolate, of a color similar to that of wood or earth. Of a dark color, of various shades between black and red or yellow, a tawny, dusky hue. A brown-skinned person. To become brown, to make brown, to cook until brown. Often Offensive, of or being a person of nonwhite origin. The color of coffee; noun brown colour, pigment, or material. To be roasted, deceived, taken in.

We all know what black means "in the euro dictionary it basically means everything evil, crooked, wicked, dirty, ect, then also includes us people of african decent.

What are we brown or black Which one best describes us as a whole?

I'v never really met someone really black maybe dark dark brown but not black and by the way look up black in the dictionary...

Soiled, as from soot; dirty: feet black from playing outdoors. Cheerless and depressing; gloomy: black thoughts. Marked by anger or sullenness. Attended with disaster; calamitous: a black day; the stock market crash on Black Friday. Being or characterized by morbid or grimly satiric humor. Connected with or invoking the supernatural and especially the devil. Thoroughly sinister or evil : WICKED!!!

The word black is a english word anyway you cut it and means what the people from england wanted it to mean anit no changing it, the word moor is what we were called b4 black and negro... The word MOOR evolved from the Greek 'Mauros' which just simply means DARK. Moor doesn't have a harsh meaning sh*t the moors conquered back parts of africa and the middle east from the romans, greeks and europeans who ruled over them. The moors weren't all muslim either or arab like people think, moors were all dark skinned people from africa, india, the middle east, south east asia who all got together and fought the oppressive roman, greek and european regimes. If you were dark no matter were you came from you were label'd moor aka dark, non-white.

Brother, you and a few others are still missing the point made by the thread starter. Our designation as Black People is both accepted and understood. Any time spent arguing that fact, as with this video of Malcolm X(Denzell) is useless and makes no sense at all; and doesn't adequately address the issues of peopleofcolor's Thread.

my apology so the real concept is one of assimilation with other non whites?

As if they face the same hell we do, or unify with them before we establish our own unity?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back