Afrakan Martial Arts and Warrior Culture

Afrodaze1 said:
Is anybody out there interested in Afrakan/Afrakan Centered Martial Arts, and accompanying Warrior Culture and related Philosophy? If so, can I hear from you? I am currently studying/researching/practicing an Afrakan Centered martial art called "Ahuti Kefa". I have been looking at Kupigana Ngumi, but have no one where I live who teaches or practices (as far as I have been able to find out).

:darts:

Hey Afrodaze, I'm curious about what the art you're studying and have a few questions if you don't mind...

Do yall spar ?

Is your sparring standup only or do yall do groundwork and takedowns also?

Are you studying in the US or abroad?

Are there any video's of yall's sparring sessions or workouts or anything I can have a look at?

Do yall enter tournaments ?

Thanks in advance for any information ....

Red

Afrodaze1 said:
Is anybody out there interested in Afrakan/Afrakan Centered Martial Arts, and accompanying Warrior Culture and related Philosophy? If so, can I hear from you? I am currently studying/researching/practicing an Afrakan Centered martial art called "Ahuti Kefa". I have been looking at Kupigana Ngumi, but have no one where I live who teaches or practices (as far as I have been able to find out).

:darts:

Did the Africans ever call their practices Martial Arts, or could that be a bastardization from a Eurasian perspective of African practices?

MississippiRed said:
Hey Afrodaze, I'm curious about what the art you're studying and have a few questions if you don't mind...

Do yall spar ?

Is your sparring standup only or do yall do groundwork and takedowns also?

Are you studying in the US or abroad?

Are there any video's of yall's sparring sessions or workouts or anything I can have a look at?

Do yall enter tournaments ?

Thanks in advance for any information ....

Red

Unfortuanately, we don't have any videos, right now. As for sparring..."whatever works" is our philosophy. We do not claim that Ahuti Kefa is a "traditional" Afrakan combat art. It is what we call "neo-traditional" taking from the old and creating the new, so that it is ever growing and fresh. If and when we come out with any videos, I will try to keep you aware of such.

Baraka M Hotep

militant said:
Did the Africans ever call their practices Martial Arts, or could that be a bastardization from a Eurasian perspective of African practices?

Since the term "martial art" is derived from the european language, I doubt if Afrakans used the term themselves. We use it because we are here in Ameraka, and this is the language we were assimilated with. From our understanding, Ahuti Kefa translates into "Fist of One Who Strikes with the Power of the Neters".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back