Black People : “Don’t call me African” – Black America’s identity crisis

Yeah but the fact remains that the word black is an adjective, a descriptive word, not a noun, a naming word! "The proper name of a people should always reflect land, history, and culture", Dr. John Henrik Clarke. "You are Afrikan not because you were born in Afrika, you are Afrikan because Afrika was born in you", Dr. Marimba Ani.
Peace,

The day someone can show me with convincing evidence what the oldest and true name of the continent is, I'll go without referring myself as such. The world is mine and the universe was born in me.

Peace

[QUOTE="Precise Allah, post: 966390, member: 22757" Peace,

I will draw on the perspective of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad on this one. As long as you are alive it's not too late. You can come back from a mental death but not a physical one.

On a side note, the word African is not exempt from being misused the same way as the word Black. When I think of the word "African" the idea conveyed is an individual born in Africa.

They could be black or white. I was not born in Africa therefore I don't consider myself African. My culture is vastly different to the various cultures of Africa...... as it should be since I wasn't born or raised there.

Peace /QUOTE]
Is there a specific reason why YOU and so many people are confusing an issue of ethnicity [African] with nationality, or do you truly think that you or anyone anywhere will ever convince the white Afrikaners of South, Africa, the white Kenya Cowboys, various other whites who happen to have African nationality [by birth or acquisition]; along with the diverse Semitic groups, especially the Arabs who have so comprehensively overrun the Middle East [of Africa] and North Africa over the last 2000 years, that they are African in anything more than nationality?

[QUOTE="Precise Allah, post: 966641, member: 22757" Peace,

The day someone can show me with convincing evidence what the oldest and true name of the continent is, I'll go without referring myself as such. The world is mine and the universe was born in me.

Peace/QUOTE] Why go into the semantics of word roots as opposed to taking complete control of how we describe and view ourselves within the current totally Euro-centric paradigm [why haven’t YOU addressed/answered my question underlined above]?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?
sanlorenzohead.jpg

I will draw on the perspective of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad on this one. As long as you are alive it's not too late. You can come back from a mental death but not a physical one.

On a side note, the word African is not exempt from being misused the same way as the word Black. When I think of the word "African" the idea conveyed is an individual born in Africa.

They could be black or white. I was not born in Africa therefore I don't consider myself African. My culture is vastly different to the various cultures of Africa...... as it should be since I wasn't born or raised there.

Peace /QUOTE]
Is there a specific reason why YOU and so many people are confusing an issue of ethnicity [African] with nationality, or do you truly think that you or anyone anywhere will ever convince the white Afrikaners of South, Africa, the white Kenya Cowboys, various other whites who happen to have African nationality [by birth or acquisition]; along with the diverse Semitic groups, especially the Arabs who have so comprehensively overrun the Middle East [of Africa] and North Africa over the last 2000 years, that they are African in anything more than nationality?

Peace/QUOTE] Why go into the semantics of word roots as opposed to taking complete control of how we describe and view ourselves within the current totally Euro-centric paradigm [why haven’t YOU addressed/answered my question underlined above]?

View attachment 6881
Peace,

Your scope about ethnicity and nationality is small to me. I generally don't bother with the topic at all other than to say we must outgrow those tribal issues. I'm God! Point black and period. I have no use for regional and tribal monikers. I am an original man, the Asiatic Black Man. Either you are original or colored (white). Black is supreme, dominant, first. There is no need to address myself as anything other than that. The black man knew and understood who he was long before there was any such thing as Africa, Afrika or however else you want to spell it.

No need to take control of something I already have complete control over. I will drop science on anyone white or not who identifies with the Eurocentric perspective and wishes to challenge my understanding of reality.

You appear to be confused about who I am. You should be focusing your rhetoric on someone who doesn't already know better. This whole "Afrikan" thing is 30 years ago for me. I ain't mad at anyone who's into it. I'm just way past that.

Peace

Peace /QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Precise Allah, post: 966736, member: 22757" Peace,

Your scope about ethnicity and nationality is small to me. I generally don't bother with the topic at all other than to say we must outgrow those tribal issues. I'm God! Point black and period.

I have no use for regional and tribal monikers. I am an original man, the Asiatic Black Man. Either you are original or colored (white). Black is supreme, dominant, first. There is no need to address myself as anything other than that.

The black man knew and understood who he was long before there was any such thing as Africa, Afrika or however else you want to spell it.

No need to take control of something I already have complete control over.

I will drop science on anyone white or not who identifies with the Eurocentric perspective and wishes to challenge my understanding of reality.

You appear to be confused about who I am. You should be focusing your rhetoric on someone who doesn't already know better.

This whole "Afrikan" thing is 30 years ago for me. I ain't mad at anyone who's into it. I'm just way past that.

Peace /QUOTE]

OK your omnipotence, but is there a specific reason why you’re STILL not addressing assertions/answering questions in the so very direct manner possible with this medium [as exemplified above]?

Additionally, are you going to be specific as to how you or anyone of "alleged" African ethnicity could avoid the REALITY of the FACT that no one complains of being Africanlisted, or being Africanballed out of a clique, losing consciousness or all electrical power for whatever reason isn’t an Africanout, nor does anyone state that they’re not wearing a piece of clothing because it is African with dirt, it isn’t standard practice to lament when things have gone horribly wrong that it is a really African Day, and no one has ever been jailed because there has been conclusive proof that they are an Africanmailer, whereas doesn’t substituting the word BLACK into all of these contexts place one on a sliding scale of very very inconvenient GRIEF, within the current Euro-centric paradigm/REALITY/real world of TODAY?

treszapotes1.jpg

Last edited:
Peace,

No one has focused on the word African like they have black. Why? Because being African doesn't matter in the eyes of those who seek to marginalize the word black. That should be obvious.

I've answered the rest of your questions. If you don't see the answers keep looking. They're there.

and lastly, I never claimed omnipotence yet if that's what you think God is...... do you. I did not expect any more.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back