Black People : What's the Difference Between Teach For America and a Scab Temp Agency?

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon
"Back in the days of organizing meat packing, steel and auto workers, employers couldn't use tax-exempt donations to transport, pay and train their scabs, and they had to wait for strikes to deploy them. That was before Teach For America....

What's the Difference Between Teach For America, and a Scab Temp Agency?

If you're a public school parent or student, there's none. If you're an educator or other school employee or a friend or relative of any school employee, there's none. If you live in a community where the local public school is one of the last hopeful possibilities that might bind a neighborhood together, there's none.

If you're a school CEO or administrator trying to hollow out your public schools to justify their closing and privatzation, or a mayor trying to justify those campaign contributions, there's no difference at all, either. If you're a hedge fund investor, like the charter school sugar daddies who contribute billions to Barack Obama and a host of black and white politicians in state and local government across the country; there's still no difference."

Read more/listen here: http://blackagendareport.com/tfa-scab

"A scab is a scab is a scab"​

I'm not terribly familiar with this situation, the teach for america folk, but i've heard the term "scab" before.

This has to do with unions ... and the scabs are those that disregard union lines for jobs ... rite?

I'm surprised that teachers or anyone at this point, would be still holding on to the union fight ... :thinking:

Not that i'm against unions or anything ... but they've been all but busted for some time now ... no ??

iono ... i need a union ... i wanna file a grievance rite now ... shoooo ... wait ... i'm sorry ... back on topic again!

But fa real doe ... corporate america been kill'n unions for years now ... ever since Black Folk gained seniority.

Great Topic Brother RAPTOR ... thanks for sharing!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back