Black Spirituality Religion : The Pope Is Only Human

Such article titles can be mis-leading. >>>>

Pope Francis suggested in an interview last year that the Catholic Church's rule that priests be celibate "can change" and admitted he was tempted by a woman as a young seminarian.

....For now, though, "the discipline of celibacy stands firm," he said, adding that priests should quit if they can't abstain from sex or if they get a woman pregnant.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...e-change-of-celibacy-rule?lite&lite=obnetwork

"I was dazzled by a girl I met at an uncle's wedding," he said, according to Aleteia. "I was surprised by her beauty, her intellectual brilliance ... and, well, I was bowled over for quite a while.
"I kept thinking and thinking about her. When I returned to the seminary after the wedding, I could not pray for over a week because when I tried to do so, the girl appeared in my head. I had to rethink what I was doing."m

I wrote the title in response to the link I posted with statement above when the pope was a seminary student....kind of tongue in cheek. I know that the RCC has no intention of changing its policy.

"I was dazzled by a girl I met at an uncle's wedding," he said, according to Aleteia. "I was surprised by her beauty, her intellectual brilliance ... and, well, I was bowled over for quite a while.
"I kept thinking and thinking about her. When I returned to the seminary after the wedding, I could not pray for over a week because when I tried to do so, the girl appeared in my head. I had to rethink what I was doing."m

I wrote the title in response to the link I posted with statement above when the pope was a seminary student....kind of tongue in cheek. I know that the RCC has no intention of changing its policy.

I gotcha.... But, the article title is still mis-leading, IMO.

However, I think the policy should be changed, anyway.

But, then, there's a lot in the RCC I think is absurd and non-Biblical.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back