Black Sports : PRO FOOTBALL'S GREATEST TEAMS - IN YOUR ESTIMATION...

That Steelers team in the 70s was absolutely awesome. They broke the Cowboys DOWN when Roger Staubach was supposed to be the second coming and Dallas was AmeriKKKa's team. Dallas was pretty, and slick, and fast, and they had the flex defense, and Pittsburg was dirty, and mean, and they had linebackers with missing teeth and they had Franco Harris's big lumbering butt but they ripped Dallas open and I was loving every minute of it. EVERYBODY was kissing the Cowboy's *** and the Steelers crushed em. It was so good. That is the best team I have ever seen cause them boys from Dallas was feared but Pittsburg crushed em. That Pittsburg defense was better than the Ravens in 2000.

The 85 Bears had the best one year defense I ever saw. They had the other team scared. I mean really scared. I've never seen that before or since in the NFL. Never. The Ravens were good but teams weren't scared. The Steelers were awesome but teams weren't scared. The bears had quarterbacks fumbling snaps and offensive linemen jumping offsides. It was unbelievable.

And yeah the 49ers was the best offensive machine in history.

Over all Isaiah has it down pretty good. I wish I new more about those old Colt teams with Johnny Unitas and the Vikings purple people eaters.

brother Malik said:
That Steelers team in the 70s was absolutely awesome. They broke the Cowboys DOWN when Roger Staubach was supposed to be the second coming and Dallas was AmeriKKKa's team. Dallas was pretty, and slick, and fast, and they had the flex defense, and Pittsburg was dirty, and mean, and they had linebackers with missing teeth and they had Franco Harris's big lumbering butt but they ripped Dallas open and I was loving every minute of it. EVERYBODY was kissing the Cowboy's *** and the Steelers crushed em. It was so good. That is the best team I have ever seen cause them boys from Dallas was feared but Pittsburg crushed em. That Pittsburg defense was better than the Ravens in 2000.

The 85 Bears had the best one year defense I ever saw. They had the other team scared. I mean really scared. I've never seen that before or since in the NFL. Never. The Ravens were good but teams weren't scared. The Steelers were awesome but teams weren't scared. The bears had quarterbacks fumbling snaps and offensive linemen jumping offsides. It was unbelievable.

And yeah the 49ers was the best offensive machine in history.

Over all Isaiah has it down pretty good. I wish I new more about those old Colt teams with Johnny Unitas and the Vikings purple people eaters.

Thank you, brother Malik, I appreciate that a lot coming from you!

The Bears of '85 could've been another STEELERS dynasty, but their egos and the videos got in their way... They were extremely talented, but truth be told, they'd take a back seat to at least 3 NFC teams in that period - Niners, Giant, Redskins - looking at CHAMPIONSHIPS... That's how you measure a great anything in sports - how many RINGS did they win...

Speaking on the Pittsburgh Steelers on the 1970's, they won 4 championships in 6 years, and had not Terry Bradshaw, Franco, and Rocky Blieir NOT went out in 1977, we'd possibly be talking about at leas 5 in 6 years... In 1977, they lost 4 of their first 5 games after those injuries, and they went on to win 9 in a row, with 5 straight SHUTOUTS of their opponents... That's a champion fighting for their lives, and doing it defensively, because they had no OFFESNSE... I saw the Bears and the Ravens, and thought each teams defensive unit to be outstanding... But NEVER did either of them put on a Defensive display like that - never!

Lastly, the guys on that team could play in today's game... They were the prototypical SIZE and SPEED team... They pioneered all of that weightlifting and steroid abuse - LOL! A few of their guys are dead today because of it... They also pioneered the use of BIG defensive backs... Mel Blount was the HOF, All-Pro Corner for forever, and he was like 6-2 and 200 pounds...almost as big as their linebackers, Ham and Lambert, who were small and fast... So what we see out here today, that team and their coach, Chuck Knoll, popularized it all... Big, fast, mean and intimdating...Smash-mouth football... A TEAM and ORGANIZATION that forced others to be LIKE them to beat them...

pro football's greatest...

here's my list...1-lombardi's packers[66-67]-2-the 72 dolphins[alot of folks say that thry were lucky[you don't go through 17 wks of an nfl season undefeated on luck]-3-the 85 bears[shoulda been a mini dynasty]-4-the coeboys of jimmy johnson[3 superbowls]that would've been 5 if the owner's ego not been bigger than texas stadium-5-the 1940 bears[72-0 over the skins in the nfl title game]sid luckman and that bunch were no joke-6-the 83 redskins[joe gibbs best team-14-2]yes they lost the superbowl but set a scoring record and crushed all in thier path getting there-7-the steelers of chuck noll[4 superbowls in 5 years]not bad at all-8-the new england patriots[the new mini dynasty]-9-the chargers of don coryell[no they couldn't get to the big dance but they were fun to watch]-10-the buffalo bills of marv levy[you think they don't belong?alot of teams haven't been to one superbowl those guy went four times in a row]oh and by the way no team has ever gone to four straight[win or lose]!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back