Black People : Please Tell me why black people do not think family history and genealogy is important?

i spent ages trying to do our family history and got a fair bit found out - then found out one of my cousins was doin the same for a college project - when we put the 2 lots of work together we had a darn good idea of our history - even back into the last bit of slavery days - but then we came to a dead end and guess we will never get past that cause such a good job was done of making sure we never would - none of the Yt folk i know seem to be interested in there geneology at all - heck think about it most cant even speak the language of the places they came from - i know italians and germans who cant even speak a word of their languages and nobody ever stole it from them - they just want intrested enough to bother learnin it

Does it take money to research your geneology? My dad is from Nigeria, but my mother's side, all we have is our Great Grandmother and everyone else before her and siblings are dead. I asked her and she doesn't know anything. So where did you guys start researching to find what's in your genes?

Does it take money to research your genealogy? My dad is from Nigeria, but my mother's side, all we have is our Great Grandmother and everyone else before her and siblings are dead. I asked her and she doesn't know anything. So where did you guys start researching to find what's in your genes?

you can spend a whole heap of money if your gonna go down the dna testing route to see what in your genes - but following the paper trail through public records aint - you could start maybe somewhere like national archives an records

Okay Ladies, here's more information on DNA testing, click and enjoy:

Cheap DNA Sequencing: What's in it for You?

Genetic testing can be used to track down distant members of your family tree by looking for shared segments of DNA. Additionally, you can learn more about your ancestry by looking for genetic clues to where your deeper ancestors lived. For instance, you may be able to determine whether you have any detectable Native American ancestry.
http://mashable.com/2012/07/16/personal-dna-sequencing/

Find out what your DNA says about you and your family.

• Learn what percent of your DNA is from populations around the world
    • Contact your DNA relatives across continents or across the street
    • Build your family tree and enhance your experience with relatives
order now

$99

https://www.23andme.com/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back