Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Gabrielle Douglas - 2012 Olympic Gold Medal Winner's Hair - It's ALWAYS Something

Yes, we can see that sometimes Black people can be catty and do stupid ish. This won't be the first time but hopefully we can now grow from this and begin to eliminate this type of behavior in our community.

This is a message to ALL those Black people, particularly Black women, who are GUILTY of criticizing our young sister over some self-hating BS: STOP!! Just, STOP!! The attention you have drawn, not only to this beautiful princess, but to yourselves AND the Black community is negative and totally unacceptable.

Elevate your social consciousness, my sisters. The trash that you put out in public, will come back to YOU! Please understand this. There are CONSEQUENCES in life. THINK before you open your mouths. Do not confirm what others might think of you that is negative.

Whether you are Natural, wear a weave or wig...at this point, it doesn't matter to me. Just STOP putting emphasis on looks and focus on what's really important to Black people overall!! Don't let hair and other external characteristics become the issue that divides us and causes internal strife. It's not important nor is it worth it! Elevate your minds, my sisters. Put yourselves in the shoes of her mother and think about what it must feel like to have her child talked about this way and by her OWN people! What you've done is hurtful and you will reap what you have sown.

If you're still reading this message...stand up and show that you can admit when you're wrong. Take that important step forward toward your place as a queen, deserving of respect yet showing humility. Apologize...in public...to Gabby (your daughter), her mother (your sister) and the rest of US (your community).

thanks for sharing your very important perspective.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back