Dessert Cookie Cake Recipe : chocolate almond strudel

alli86

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
You know that felling of wanting to try something different, last weak I got it so I search for free deserts recipes (recipebuddys.com) and made a wonderful Chocolate Almond Strudel for desert and it taste so good my boyfriend love it! well... he says he loves everything I cook lol.

all you need is:
-1/4 pound butter, melted and clarified(it's easier if you let the butter out of the refrigerator like an hour before making it)
-4 sheets filo dough
-1/3 cup ground almonds
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
-8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
-3/4 cup almonds, toasted and slivered

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt and clarify butter. Set aside.
Have filo sheets unrolled and covered with a damp cloth. Mix ground almonds, cinnamon and sugar together. In another small bowl, combine chopped chocolate and toasted almonds.
Lay out one sheet of filo. Brush generously with melted butter. Sprinkle on some of the ground almond mixture.
Lay another filo sheet on top. Brush with butter and proceed as with the first sheet.
Once on top layer, brush again with butter. Place chocolate/almond mixture on the lower third of the stacked filo sheets. Lift the pastry gently over the chocolate to cover it. Fold in the left and right edges of the filo about 2 inches towards the center. Roll from the bottom in jellyroll fashion. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.Let cool before slicing.
Use a serrated knife. Dust with icing sugar before serving, if desired. Cool thoroughly.

I did it with lasagna but that was probably not the best combination!:p

good luck!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back