Okay, I have to admit, my hair more then I did the first time I chopped my hair off. And I'm glad for this second chance. Well, more like 2nd opportunity.
I know what my hair likes, what makes it feel softer, the curls pop more, what products it needs in order to go grow.
1. My hair LOVES, LOOOOOVES oil. Last time around I just used creams and aloe vera gel. I liked it, but it just didn't seem right.
2. Before I was washing my hair with ORS Shampoo. It was using this with my relaxers and with my 1st time natural. It was great when I had a relaxer, but not so much for my natural hair.
- Every night before I go to bed I rinse my hair until I get out most of the gel, leave-in conditioner and oils. Then I just put my oils back in my hair, wrap it up and go to sleep.
- Every two days out the week I bag my hair. That's when I do the first step, but I wash it, condition it, then but the oil in my hair, place a plastic bag over my head and keep it on over night. Then rinse in the morning and go about with my Wash-n-go.
3. I tried one homemade conditioner, Mayo Conditioner, which I loved. I may just do that once a month. But it really makes your hair shine.
- 1-2 times a week I use Unrefined Black Soap to wash my hair. I lather some of the soap in my hand and use it to wash my hair. It's great to get out all the excess product in your hair and doesn't strip your hair. Also, it leaves my hair super soft and makes my curls pop.
4. One favorite of mine that I live by, is ACV (apple cider vinegar). I did this my first go round with my natural and I loved it. It helps with the pH balance in your hair and also makes my hair feel soft.
But I just make sure my hair is conditioned and oil. My biggest concern is retaining moisture, especially where I live where it's always cold.
- I do this ever so often, but not every day or once a week. Maybe once every two weeks or so. I just use a cap of ACV and put it in a 1 Cup of warm water and before I condition my hair I pour on my hair w/out rinsing it out. And then I apply my conditioner. I've heard of women doing it all sorts of other ways.
And I this is what works for me. It might not work for your hair, so find something that fits you and your hair.
2 people like this.
You need to be logged in to comment