Black People : Zutopia

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Zulile, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    my own Utopia

I'm a strong believer in Africa for Africans - which would mean giving those in the diaspora time to return, and kicking out anyone else who doesnt want to stay (or not qualified to stay..) before I close the borders and get about the business of rebuilding - with the aim of creating cultural pride and acceptance of all our differences. 'controlled' distribution of wealth, free education/housing/health care.. - this is Zutopia - anything is possible ;) I could break it down, how & what I would do - but that's niether here nor there for the African American. In fact, I'd likely consider the USA a colony of Zutopia ;) Thus my question/interest.

African Americans - literally living on the corpses/bones of their ancestors - America is a land right, without a doubt, for a multitude of reasons, past and current. On that basis, I would be very interested to know where the Black American wants to go. NOT the aim of their struggle, but the end - what would it look like?

Everyone has a vision - most are personal and current - but what is your vision/hope for the future - long, long term? Your utopia?

Balance of Economics? Health? Education? Sustanence? Citizenship?

If you were elected Ruler of the USA - with all global power and influence over current leaders of nations - your residing term was undefined.. I'm not only asking "what would you change".. but rather.. what would you put in place (possibly enforce, if needed) and what would be your desired end result?

2. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Well my long-term goals would be:
    1. Raise Afrikan Consciousness
    2. Afrikan Centered Education
    3. Economic Empowerment
    4. LIVING as free people (Blacktopia)

Many of us are asleep, so consciousness raising is a must. It will provide the foundation for all other items on my list. Afrikan centered education is sorely needed because the current educational system only trains our children to support the system. (Get a job and work for whitey) So in effect we are financing our own oppression. Our children should be taught to solve OUR problems. Such as supporting and creating black businesses so we can begin to advance economically as a group. What I mean by living as free people is just that. Not dependent on any other group for our growth and survival.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i would like to see black people take their power back and wear it proud like a crown. i would like us all to study and know African spirituality. this would form the basis of a new set of laws that would offer a black based justice and social system. whether here or in Africa i want to see us do our own thing and forget about whites. if we have our own infra structure we need not even give them the time of day.

4. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    the reponses are too general. be specific:

Economy
    Education
    Health
    Social
    Housing

how will you create the balance? It is all well and good to say "fight fight fight".. but what is the path? - how do they get there? for example (in zutopia) -in those 10 years I give people to leave the country? I'm paying them 50% value for their business (f-off haha) - and anyone who comes back is assigned location (depending on their professions) etc.. I mean - i am a rightous b in this case.. in Zutopia :)

but in america you cant close off - so how do you plan on creating that balance? its's fine to repeat the MLK dream of everyone walking hand in hand.. but how do you get so far? outside of mentalilty - what changes to you see that need making? what laws do you see in place?

Surely it is not replacing the white face with a Black one. that would undermine/defeat your entire stance against injustice.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i want to see a modern day khametic society.
    implement the laws of m'aat.

6. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    james - I gotta work to see your response? hahaha :D :D ok

you cant just sum up some basic principles? modern day language? Your one liners are sooo open to interpretation, James. To me they say "FANATIC!" - for your lack of explanation - assuming people will/should know.

I dont, thus my question.

ma'at is a religion/belief. right? ;) and in what, in reference to my question?

7. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    The Specifics

Let me start off by saying I am not speaking as the president of amerikkka. I am speaking my vision as I am right now. My efforts are not based on having the power of the presidency or a mass movement. But the goal is certainly to lay the groundwork to create a mass movement.

1. Afrikan Consciousness Raising -> It has to be done on a small scale because the mechanisms are not in place to allow a mass distribution of the message(s). Meaning you try to reach as many people as you can personally. If you can do so via community groups or churches that is good too. And let us not forget cyberspace.

2. Afrikan Centered Education -> Currently the education system does not provide adequate teaching on Afrikan history or teach from an Afrikan perspective. So parents and adults who have contact with children and young adults must supplement the child's education to ensure they are receiving the knowledge and information they need to become productive members of our community. If the adult does not have the proper knowledge, they must learn it themselves. As we begin to acquire more wealth we can build more schools which teach from an Afrikan perspective.

3. Economic Empowerment -> Buy Black FIRST. Utilize other groups only when there are no black alternatives. Seek to create more black businesses so we can circulate money in our own community instead of empowering others while watching as they continue to advance ahead of us.

Now obviously these three things will not occur in a vacuum. They are all interrelated. But I believe they will lead to #4 which is living as free people. Not just in amerikkka, but everywhere.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Lets start by stating that if we were in power then the so called Indians would be pushing up on us about THEIR LAND AND COUNTRY!!! What are we supposed to do...become the NEW OVERLORDS of a land that isn't ours with our understanding of what went down with them? The question needs some serious re-thought and possible re-phrasing.

9. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    yes, yes and yes.

#4 I'd like to know more about your utopia - free? how?

10. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    keita - Question is broad - yet asking for some specifics - which is why the USA is the way it is. add that in your Utopia - how are the native indians repatriated? is that in your agenda as the leader if the USA? how would you divide the land? (if at all) if you dont want to be an overlord - what then? who will rule in your perfect world?