Black People : Zoe Saldana Credits Sci-Fi Roles for Ability to be ‘Colorblind’

Chidike

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 21, 2016
:SuN049::drink: Like clockwork eh?..............no words required for this idiocy and utter brainwashing....

378EABE900000578-3757516-image-a-44_1472090294425.jpg

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/04/11/zoe-saldana-credits-sci-fi-roles-ability-colorblind/

If the social troubles of being nonwhite in America get you down, Zoe Saldana might recommend a part in a science fiction movie to calm you. The actress says such roles gave her the ability to be colorblind and forget about her Puerto Rican and Dominican parentage.

Saldana has played in hit films like “Star Trek,” “Avatar” and “Guardians of the Galaxy,” the latter two of which obscured her natural skin tone with CGI blue or actual green makeup.

“I get to imagine the unimaginable,” Saldana told Stellar in an interview published Sunday, April 8. “I’m always in awe of writers, directors and actors who are able to pull off a world we’ve never seen. I love working with people who let their imaginations go. Plus, you get to play characters who defy gravity.

“It makes me feel superhuman because, obviously, it’s been brought to my attention continuously since I was born that I’m not a conventional person because of the color of my skin or my gender or my cultural background,” she said. “So, I think science fiction has given me the ability as an artist to be colorblind, and gender-blind, and to imagine and reinvent myself and be the chameleon actors are supposed to be.”

Saldana’s idea of race and not noticing it should come as no surprise. After playing singer and political activist Nina Simone in a critically panned 2016 film, Saldana defended her portrayal by noting the importance of the story getting told. She downplayed the fact that she, a lighter-skinned woman with less-Afrocentric features, portrayed the late icon, who was dark-skinned with prominent African features — and proud of it.:em3700:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back