Black Entertainment : Zoe Saldana: Always Looks Pretty -- What Ever The Occasion

Deep. It's cool to call yourself Black, but we gotta distinguish looking and being Black. Loving the wrong men is not loving yourself.

Well said bro. Asomfwaa, well said indeed ... It causes me to wonder why she goes to great length resisting the non-black classification, only to take up non-black relationships. One would think it would be just the opposite, she would run to black men based on this:

But despite all the ambiguities about Saldana's ethnicity, she self-identifies as black rather than Latino — a fact which some sections of the latter community find hard to accept. She was also criticised recently for being cast in the role of Nina Simone in the upcoming biopic about the singer, by those who thought an African American actress should have been cast. “It doesn't matter how much backlash I will get it,” she responded. “I will honor and respect my black community because that's who I am.”

:facepalm:

Nonc,

Didn't you say you are of Louisiana Creole background and have connections to SE Louisiana and the Cane River area? I ask because you resemble my mom's brother. Hence, perhaps, another reason why I call you Nonc.
Mi Madre's familia is from New Orleans, Baton Rouge on paternal side and South Carolina Gullah and Neshoba county Mississippi on her mother's side. Mi Padre's family is from all over the Deep South by way of Boley, Oklahoma. Louisiana Creole no doubt by way of many places before the Haitian revolution specifically Martinique and St. Dominique back to Mozambique, Kongo and Ndongo.

Mi Madre's familia is from New Orleans, Baton Rouge on paternal side and South Carolina Gullah and Neshoba county Mississippi on her mother's side. Mi Padre's family is from all over the Deep South by way of Boley, Oklahoma. Louisiana Creole no doubt by way of many places before the Haitian revolution specifically Martinique and St. Dominique back to Mozambique, Kongo and Ndongo.

As far as the Cane River is concerned bro. Blackbird I have mentioned before to you that one of my Grandpa's was born here,http://www.natchitoches.net/about-nacvb/ and that I have folks also from Shreveport; and here:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Martin_Parish,_Louisiana

Got ya nonc.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back