Black Entertainment : Zoe Saldana: Always Looks Pretty -- What Ever The Occasion

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Fine1952, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    [​IMG]

Click here for more details about her new role in a remake of Rosemary's Baby

she is pictured here with her mother who is P.R.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,746
    is she black?

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Question: Is this remake of the 1968 version better or worse?
    Answer: Only time will tell...!

click here for a quick preview

Mia Farrow originally starred in this remake that now places Zoe Saldana in the leading role of Rosemary Woodhouse.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Very good question, elder:

But despite all the ambiguities about Saldana's ethnicity, she self-identifies as black rather than Latino — a fact which some sections of the latter community find hard to accept. She was also criticised recently for being cast in the role of Nina Simone in the upcoming biopic about the singer, by those who thought an African American actress should have been cast. “It doesn't matter how much backlash I will get it,” she responded. “I will honor and respect my black community because that's who I am.”

same link source in OP

[​IMG]

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    “When I go to the D.R., the press in Santo Domingo always asks, “¿Qué te consideras, dominicana o americana?” (What do you consider yourself, Dominican or American?) I don’t understand it, and it’s the same people asking the same question. So I say, time and time again, “Yo soy una mujer negra.” (“I am a black woman.”) [They go,] “Oh, no, tú eres trigueñita.” (“Oh no, you are ‘dark skinned’”) I’m like, “No! Let’s get it straight, yo soy una mujer negra.” (“I am a black woman).”
    Enough said.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    I think it is awesome that Ms. Saldana has enough courage to call it like it is. So often the people in Latino countries or those of Latino ethnicity seek to identify themselves other than what they are, yet choose to bask in a culture that is definitely African. I used to find it funny how Puerto Ricans, that ones clearly with features consistent with those of the Black race, identify themselves as Puerto Rican like it is a racial category. Being a son of Louisiana, my individual family comes in a variety of colors and features; however, one thing my family never denies being is Black. I would see some who call themselves Dominican or Puerto Rican who look like they could be members of my personal family and deny being Black simply because they may be of a lighter complexion or have a less curly hair texture. I be like "who you fooling?"

I told my wife that in the "New World" there are 3 racial types: Black, Indian and white. There is no race called Puerto Rican or Latino. The Indian element in the Caribbean was exterminated or marginalized very quickly. The Europeans brought over African people to cultivate those lands. For every person that tells me they are Puerto Rican, Dominican or some other created nationality as if it is their racial classification, I respond and say "Oh, I am Louisianan." They look puzzled because clearly I am Black and above that African.

7. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Nonc,

Didn't you say you are of Louisiana Creole background and have connections to SE Louisiana and the Cane River area? I ask because you resemble my mom's brother. Hence, perhaps, another reason why I call you Nonc.

8. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    Yea and her brain is washed,as with the majority of..........................:

[​IMG]

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    I know I heard that she does favor oyinbo man instead of the original man. I think this is why she has a relatively high profile in white Hollywood.

10. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    Its shameful, but I can't say what I really want to here, without getting banned every **** time. I would like to speak the truth about this, but it will lead to me getting banned, so lets just say 2014 is no different that 1614.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zoe saldana hot