Pan Africanism : Zimbabwe officials' assets frozen

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Nov 24, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4465136.stm

2. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    So I see. And what about Sanctions for Egypt, with no democracy whatsoever? This is just white folk standing up for white folk.

3. Stabane-afrolez

Stabane-afrolez Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont believ in sanctions because they don't affect the leaders...who live in Masions..and manage to eat everyday...it affects the ordinaryt african....

They should freeze Mugabe and His cronies assets...because they are corrupt.. these are men who are living like kings in a country that is straving... men who have wives who afford to Travel around the world shoppin on the zim tax payers bill whilist their countries are starvin... shame on them....

mnx

4. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
  5. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    the same thing was going on when the white population had a "apartheid style" system in Zimbabwe but the U.S. did not create sanctions against them.They are beyond perfect in office,but if I am not mistaken while the leader of Uganda was sending his people into concentration camps the bush administration was callin him a "great sign of democracy." It has been said that the U.S. government funded those actions.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    if you'll pardon the expression: "pot kettle black": speaking of elections? loss of low-income housing? suppression of opposition?

given what we know about the biases of the media, why is so much energy expended sharing, and/or commenting, on these lie-rags? how often is there anything in the media with a positive angle ... that doesn't support some minor aspect of "their" agenda - just so they can say "see! see! we do report good stuff!!"? and like the good little obruni-brained that this society programs, "we" jump in and talk about "well it's true! they are corrupt!!"

what happened to "We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People. No Hate Allowed."?? are not these African Leaders, who themselves are victims of the media/war induced obruni-braining, also "Our People"?!!

7. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    a great many points

8. Stabane-afrolez

Ratings:
    +0
    I am zimbabwean, so what they do is not good enough for me and my people... tell that to a starving Zimbabwean...besides, them say don't go to the west and the enemy house...when they go go to shop, and buy food to keep them nice and fed.
    mnx

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    I am not trying to figure out what is good and what is not good for the people of Zimbabwe,but right now Mugabe is the "better devil" as some say or at least in my opinion,. Here are a few links so you comprehend where I am coming from, I am not radical fan of Mugabe but he seems to be the only one that is not a pawn for "western powers" amongst other things.If he chooses a successor than it may be a possibility that his successor will NOT be a pawn and more righteous that he is and our people in Zimbabwe will reap the benefits.

Zimbabwe's Fight For Justice
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20050506&articleId=160

(I have always been suspect of the NAACP, and here is one reason.)
    NAACP Withheld Crucial Report on Zimbabwe Elections
    http://www.atlantaprogressivenews.com/news/0046.html

10. Stabane-afrolez

Ratings:
    +0
    Mugabe is not teh better devil...heonly decided todefy the west...after he sawthat he could have lost elections to the opposition party..MDC...but before that he had supportof teh west and he was friends with the west....

the land redistribution programme he could have done in 1980...yes there were constitutions and agreements...with teh west...but if he was for real...he could have done it then...if he was about zimbabweans gettinzimbabwe...and givingback the land to the people...why 20years later after sons an daughters of zimbabwe fought the white man for their land... to gain independence only to get their land 20years later....?

the better devil who starves his ownpeople and holds onto power when his people dont want him aint the one...

the people loved him...and he had respect.....nt erm not any more