destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
ZIMBABWE GIVES WHITE FOREIGN FIRMS TO BLACK ZIMBABWEANS

Zimbabwe's ruling party has pushed a bill through parliament giving local owners majority control of foreign-owned companies including mines and banks. The bill proposes handing indigenous black Zimbabweans a stake of at least 51 per cent in "every business that is being transferred, merged, restructured, unbundled or demerged and in any new investments". Mugabe's government - which critics accuse of plunging Zimbabwe into turmoil by seizing white-owned farms and handing them to inexperienced black farmers - says the bill is part of its drive to empower the country's poor majority.

Click Here for Story

:heart:

Destee

Some Structural Analysis Needed

Wow. I want to know what strategy Zimbabwe has if any. First, there was the moving of whites off the majority of land and giving those farms to inexperienced Black farmers. Then there was that housing cleanup operation (I forget the name), where new housing was build for many slum dwellers. After Western sanctions began, Zimbabwe starting courting China economically. Now this act. I thought Blacks had also taken over firms, but I guess that was only farms.

Thanks for the link Destee. Very interesting development. But it would also be interesting to have a whole picture of what's going on - some social, economic, etc analysis. The benefactors of the housing cleanup operation - how are those people living now? How are the new Blacks farmers faring with crops and sales to market. Is there any significant beneficial trade with China? What policies are being used to ensure Blacks remain in a dominant position against Chinese, Indian, etc firms? What information networks internationally, is Zimbabwe using to counter Western propaganda? Or rather, what verifiable assurances can we outside of Africa have that Mugabe is not indeed pulverising his people? And with this new act, are there trained professionals and managers to handle the operations, sales, finances, etc of these new firms? What basis of wealth is the government planning to use now that the Zimbabwean dollar is worth so little, therefore diminishing local Black's wealth once they step out of the country? These are some the questions that jump into my mind. I'd love it if more people had any more information on these issues. I'm not seeing any real analysis of the situation in this manner. There was a recent "New African" that gave some historical analysis on the situation. But I'm interested to know what the overall plan for victory is. How are they defining victory? Etc.

Please. Everyone feel free to discuss and contribute.

Who cares if they don't yet have the experience. The only reason they don't is because their land and resources were being stolen all these years.

There will some pain...yes.

But if I were on the continent, I'd rather go through some short-term pain and realize true independence vs going through another 100 years of pseudo-independence where black face is out front while euro still controls everything behind the scenes....i.e. South Africa.

It's likely that the same western media that lies about US to the world has probably lied about Mugabe.

Rather than parrot the euro and his demonizing, wouldn't it be a powerful thing if we could funnel investment dollars into Zimbabwe to counter-balance its dependence on China?

twashing said:
Wow. I want to know what strategy Zimbabwe has if any. First, there was the moving of whites off the majority of land and giving those farms to inexperienced Black farmers. Then there was that housing cleanup operation (I forget the name), where new housing was build for many slum dwellers. After Western sanctions began, Zimbabwe starting courting China economically. Now this act. I thought Blacks had also taken over firms, but I guess that was only farms.

Thanks for the link Destee. Very interesting development. But it would also be interesting to have a whole picture of what's going on - some social, economic, etc analysis. The benefactors of the housing cleanup operation - how are those people living now? How are the new Blacks farmers faring with crops and sales to market. Is there any significant beneficial trade with China? What policies are being used to ensure Blacks remain in a dominant position against Chinese, Indian, etc firms? What information networks internationally, is Zimbabwe using to counter Western propaganda? Or rather, what verifiable assurances can we outside of Africa have that Mugabe is not indeed pulverising his people? And with this new act, are there trained professionals and managers to handle the operations, sales, finances, etc of these new firms? What basis of wealth is the government planning to use now that the Zimbabwean dollar is worth so little, therefore diminishing local Black's wealth once they step out of the country? These are some the questions that jump into my mind. I'd love it if more people had any more information on these issues. I'm not seeing any real analysis of the situation in this manner. There was a recent "New African" that gave some historical analysis on the situation. But I'm interested to know what the overall plan for victory is. How are they defining victory? Etc.

Please. Everyone feel free to discuss and contribute.
BlackTasTic questions. I too, am interested in hearing some of these questions addressed yet, at the same time, I'm working to answer some of this for myself and the position I am in here and now. if that makes any sense.

KementKind said:
wouldn't it be a powerful thing if we could funnel investment dollars into Zimbabwe to counter-balance its dependence on China?

Yep! it WOULD BE....and is seems all are hard-pressed to do so. Why, because EVERYONE is seeking financial support and not many of US have it to 'give' cause we are all so strapped ourselves. At least, those of us who frequent sites like this.
Yet all in all, one NEVER knows who is "here" and what they have and what they are doing with that which they have.

Thanks Mama Destee for the info. and bringing this issue to the forefront as I had certainly lost site of the goings on in Zimbabwe.

:hearts2:

My mother aways told me that "sometimes you have to suffer to be beautiful."

What Mugabe is doing is on point. I heard someone say that South Africa got rid of Aparthied but the people don't own the mines, minerals, farmland and the like, so what was the use of getting rid of aparthied. All they needed to do was get rid of the whites who controlled their resources. Apathied was not the issue! Nor was sitting next to white folks on the toilet here in amerikkka. Had we stayed put and maintained our communties, our schools, our theatres, our banks, our Black runned schools in retrospect we would have been in a better place.

The point is that getting rid of apathied was not the issue, giving the people the land is!

Wake up Afraka!!! You Go Mugabe!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back