Health and Wellness : Zika: NY Woman Diagnosed With Zika Warns, You 'Think That It’s Not Going to Happen to You'

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Jamaican track gold medalist Kemar Bailey-Cole says he has the Zika virus

Kemar Bailey-Cole, who ran alongside Usain Bolt on Jamaica’s gold medal-winning 4×100-meter relay team at the 2012 London Olympics, has revealed that he is suffering from the Zika virus. Bailey-Cole was in the running for a spot on Jamaica’s sprint-relay team at this year’s Rio Games, but now that’s in doubt ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...kemar-bailey-cole-says-he-has-the-zika-virus/

imrs.php

More unsettling news about Zika ahead of the Rio Olympics. (AP Photo/Felipe Dana, File)

In the Spirit of Reality,

Video: NY Woman Diagnosed With Zika Warns, You 'Think That It’s Not Going to Happen to You'

Fresh off a five day trip in tropical paradise, Harper’s Bazaar senior digital editor, Chrissy Rutherford, returned home with one scary souvenir.

You sort of think that it’s not going to happen to you,” Rutherford of New York City told ABC News ...

https://gma.yahoo.com/ny-woman-diagnosed-zika-warns-think-not-going-134029229--abc-news-health.html

Interesting.

My son has a friend that just recently came back from Brazil and she said she was tested and does not have the virus. But she was a little sick. I'm wondering now, more about this virus. I mean, will it go away after awhile, like having a cold, or what? I've been reading, but I have more questions than answers. Thanks for posting.

Interesting.

My son has a friend that just recently came back from Brazil and she said she was tested and does not have the virus. But she was a little sick. I'm wondering now, more about this virus. I mean, will it go away after awhile, like having a cold, or what? I've been reading, but I have more questions than answers. Thanks for posting.

As far as I know, there is no cure as of yet, hope this helps my Chevron Dove and :wb: ... but rest assured, if a cure happens, it'll be posted in this Thread, so, check back now, k?:)

The Race to Cure the Zika Virus is On, and This Company May Have the Best Solution

When it comes to eradicating the Zika virus, this company is thinking well outside the box

Last week, The White House suggested a plan to funnel $589 million in funds previously earmarked to treat Ebola to the Zika virus instead, the idea being to have the funds necessary should a Zika outbreak occur. However, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has stated that his agency needs $1.9 billion in funding to adequately fight back if infections surge within the United States ...

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...o-cure-the-zika-virus-is-on-and-this-com.aspx

mosquito-dengue-phil_large.jpg

THE AEDES AEGYPTI MOSQUITO HAS BECOME PUBLIC ENEMY NO. 1. IMAGE SOURCE: CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION

Last edited:

Zika outbreak: What you need to know

The World Health Organization has declared the Zika virus a global public health emergency.

The infection is suspected of leading to thousands of babies being born with underdeveloped brains.

Some areas have declared a state of emergency, doctors have described it as "a pandemic in progress" and some are even advising women in affected countries to delay getting pregnant.

But there is much we do not know in this emerging infection ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35370848

_87824725_hi030689326.jpg

Dejailson Arruda and his daughter Luiza, who was born with microcephaly

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back