Black People : Yurugu

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MenNefer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Sis Marimba Ani talks about a "cultural DNA" that ensues from the deficiency of this spiritual Being she speaks of.

After reading "Yurugu" , movies like "Damien...Omen I II III made even more sence and, concerning europeans' political statement, the final edition: "The Final Conflict" really gave a sobering metaphysical message....look at the picture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omen_III:_The_Final_Conflict

2. MenNefer

Ratings:
    +21
    White Supremacy

Should we address (or focus our attention and rhetoric) on WHITE PEOPLE (The periphery) or center our attention on the Characteristics (Predisposition) of this "YURUGU"? ( The Nexus)

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    the interviewer asks her to explain the statement in the intro of her book:

"This study was not approached objectively - it is not possible to be objective towards europe"

and she answers:

"The concept of objectivity itself, is something that has been used by Europeans to control African people. It is a concept which says that we can contemplate truth without being connected to any culture, without coming from any perspective, without having any political implications in what we do - that, of course, is not the case. and what WE did was to accept this and say that "oh, they're scientists, they're scholars" and so forth were describing us objectively. What they were doing was promoting a particular way of viewing the world, promoting a particular political interest in the world.

I do not make that claim, because it would be a lie. and it is always a lie..."

:bowdown:.. loved that!!

4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Excellent post...thank you for posting this beautiful sista!

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    bwoy do i have a story to tell!!!!

ImHotep!

I too thank you MenNefer for this post. :bowdown:

I plan to come back and share more on the impact Dr. Ani and this book had in my process of RE~covery.

:hearts2:

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    ok...here is my Yurugu story...

Basically, I realize that the information uncovered by Dr. Ani RE~presented the final puzzle piece I needed and which pulled the last piece of wool from my eyes.

My life has been forever changed.

7. MenNefer

Ratings:
    +21

Thank You Sista for sharing .....It seems when one tells someone that a particular book hit home for them others confuse that with meaning you were hanging on every word in the book and took it as the Pert em Heru truth (notice I didn't say "Gospel"). But, as you stated, Yurugu solidified the importance of not only KNOWING but OPERATING out of a frame of reference that best represents the individual, family, and community in all spheres of activity. (Because whether we call it White Supremacy or not ..it is evident that whites *AS A COLLECTIVE* thrive in this type of psycho-social environment/model ironically)

8. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Peace MenNefer and Thanks for listening and RE~plying!

Yes.."as a collective they DO (and it seems many of WE) thrive in this type of environment. So much so, that when one does NOT actively seek to participate, THEY are deemed "crazy" and/or are shunned. At least, that has been my experience.

And for M.E., I call it "white LUNANCY".

"The minds of African people are still crowded with he image of Europeans as superior beings" (Acknowledgement pg.).
    Seems this is supported by the BE~haviors of Afreekan Descendents who blast each other for not actively participating in and/or BE~having as these good white folk taught us.

Question: Do you have a favorite quote or chapter in the book:?:

Mines is the Creation story as told by the Dogon ppl of West Afreeka. It helped M.E. make sense of the "male" energy and overstand how it is that Men of Afreeka Descent (MAD) have been able to justify thier BE~haviors towards me as a Women of Afreekan Descent (WAD).