Black Spirituality Religion : Yurugu - Dr Marimba Ani

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by SeekingMaat, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Part 1 of 19

Part 2 of 19

Part 3 of 19

Part 4 of 19

Part 5 of 19

Part 6 of 19

Scroll for remainder ... :drums:

Peace

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Thanks. I loved me some Yurugu since 1996 in college at Southern U. This was my bible. Mama Marimba educated me to pursue the cultural sciences.

Blackbird

3. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Sould be standard 'bible' in every African home

You're most welcome brotha Blackbird :) There are many who do not have the book or unfamiliar with her. This is a good introduction to one becoming aware of SELF and our own cultural heritage :)

Peace to you and yours

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Yes SeekingMaat, thank you for giving me some week-end homework:), Dr. Ani is very credible for bringing together the paradigm Maat/Maafa/Sankofa as a coalition. After I finish all the videos, look for my response post. Sankofa

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    I hope her videos are better than her book. Her book was great and was a counter to some white mans book declaring the inferiority of black people. As great as the book was it was not "simplistic". As Dr. John H. Clarke said; "Every book out there needs to be re-written,,,if a person in the 8th grade can't read it then you have missed your target audience. If you're using 50 cent words, nine times out of ten there's a five cent word that will serve the same purpose". It is on this note that Sister Ani fell way short !!

6. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Ogo

I looked at the first two videos and half of the third to finally conclude it to be crap because the word European gets under my skin and reminds me that most African Americans are unable to envision a beginning that did not and does not include the white man.

I mean to actually suggest that the white man is the Ogo when the Ogo was one of the Fist Beings created by Amma / GOD which makes the Ogo a Son of GOD is no different from those blond haired blue eyed Jesus pictures that use to hang in our grannies living room.

I began to suspect we us dark skinned people are the Ogo because we out of all the races walk around in this earth lost, jumping from this god to that god, jumping from this woman to that woman or jumping from that man to this man and in some cases man jumping from and to men.

It is the African American peoples that exhibit the personality of the Ogo looking every where for a mate and failing to realize our mate is the Supreme Being but instead we leap to Osiris, Isis and Horus, or we leap to Jesus and the Apostles or we leap to some other Son of GOD etc,,,,,etc. And the worst thing we do is leap to the white man rather we are trying to blame him for something or use them as a scapegoat.

People we can’t pull the wool over GODs Eyes.

If the Yurugu book was not dictated by a Hogon or Servant to the Hogon then it is something some African American set down and conjured up to keep lost souls lost.

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Me Too!

I was first introduced to her and her works in 1997 or 98 while a student. At that time, she had her book Let the Circle go Unbroken. I later learned of her seminal work Yurugu. It was after reading it that all the pieces of my puzzle were put into place and my life as not been the same.

I can SEE clearly Now!

Thanks SiS SeekingMaat for Sharing.

M.E.

:hearts2:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yurugu god