- Dec 7, 2010
It's delicious, healthy and easy to make (no baking involved)!
Nut free Mango~Lime Tarts
• 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked for 20 min.
• 1 cup of shredded coconut
• a pinch of salt
Blend the ingredients in a food processor into a dough, you might need to use a spoon to help the mixing, alternatively use your hands. Press into a big pie form, or three small ones.
• 2 ripe, sweet mangos
• 0.5 teaspoon lime juice
• zest from one organic lime
• 4-5 tbsp Coconut oil (hard but soft enough to scoop up with a spoon)
• light Agave to taste
Cut the mangos in pieces, and add with the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Health benefits of mango:
• Good for the kidney
• Improves digestion - so good for people suffering from acidity, and it's full of enzymes that also helps the digestion. It has bio-active elements (esters, terpenes and aldehydes) that aids digestion too.
• Lowers cholesterol - the high levels of soluble dietary fiber, pectin and vitamin C helps in lowering the the LDL cholesterol.
• For better sex - The vitamin E (which is abundant in mangos), regulates the sex hormones and boosts sex drive.
• Memory and concentration - mangos are helpful for children who lack concentration in studies, as it contains glutamine acid, which keep brain cells alive and functioning.
• High in iron
• Helps against acne - mangos hepls in clearing clogged pores. Slice the mango in thin pieces and place on your face for 10-15 min and wash your face with warm water.
• Prevents Cancer & Heart disease - it's the high amounts of anti oxidants in mangos that fights cancer and heart diseases, it also lowers the cholesterol.