Black Children : You've gotta see this

SmoothEbony said:
Hey fam.
I was out on youtube and found this video. It's sad to see how some black girls view themselves. But to be honest I can understand how they feel being dark skinned myself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xGDMevuZZVM

This is heartbreaking.

What you're seeing on film is the early beginnings of low self esteem among black people. It starts in early childhood and in too many instances continues for a lifetime. A couple of ways it manifests itself is through black on black crime and black people spending 97% of their disposable income with people who flagrantly disrespect us (whites, asians, arabs, etc) while steadfastly boycotting black owned businesses.

Questions that we as a people need to ask ourselves in light of this film are:

1) Did the fact that these children identified the white doll as being more attractive come about by accident or by design? To put it another way, why did 15 out of 20 black children identify the white doll as being more attractive than the black doll? Were they born with that belief, or was there something in the family and community cultural environment that socialized them to feel that way?

My answer is that it is by design, and they were not born with that belief. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of black parents are utterly clueless about the existence of the false doctrine of white supremacy as a pervasive though unarticulated social philosophy, and are even more clueless about the the fact that their children's views and values are shaped by this false doctrine via the tv, movies, music videos, toys (e.g., white dolls and action figures), video games, the miseducational system, the child's peers, teachers, and so forth.

2) Why did only 5 out of 20 black children identify the black doll as being more attractive? What is happening in the cultural environments of their families and communities that is different from the children who felt the white doll was more attractive?

My answer is that chances are the parents of these children are acutely aware of the existence of the false doctrine of white supremacy as a pervasive though unarticulated social philosophy and are also acutely aware that it is transmitted to children through tv, movies, music videos, cartoons, video games, the miseducational system, peers, teachers, etc. Knowing this, these parents have taken countermeasures (e.g., CULTURE) to nullify its effect on their children.

We've had these same discussions decades ago in the 60's and 70's, and the preventive approach to the mental illness of self hate is not at all a mystery: An Afrikan centered cultural millieu in which black children are totally immersed from the cradle through high school and are taught EXPLICITLY early on to love their black skins.

How did we as a people go from "Black is Beautiful" and "Say It Loud: I'm Black and I'm Proud" back to this mess?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back