Amun-Ra : Youth Violence (Tick Tock)

In agreement!

This is no reflection on the white community, but I am not worried about the problms there because I know they will be addressed. However, I am concerned that we have not paid enough attention to our own. we have excused far too much. I believe we must take our own selves to task and not let ourselves off the hook.

As an example. We have to demand that crimminals move out of our communitites. We cannot continue to allow them to live and trhrive in our communities. I know that we all like bargains and the "barbershop" bargain is one of the most infamous in the black community where known crooks and thugs coime to barbershops and beauty salons to sell hot goods. Yes, the bargains are great, but when we buy a hot television set, watch, ring, DVD etc., we are encouraging the practice that sooner or later will end up visiting our own houses. We have to say no! Or, we are just as guilty despite the great bargain, we are encouraging crime by buying stolen property.

You are so right! We have to start with ourselves and that willnot be easy.

Amun-Ra

Walking the fence, again.

Well it looks like I'm walking the fence again on this one.

Ra, you keep saying that you aren't concerned about white folx. It is those rules that we are following, our problems are just a macrocosm(sp) of thier society.

Yes, we are killing each other over the things that they told us were of value. And it is over stupid ****.

However, i work with elementary students. I am seeing how they are being set up to fail or at best to become part of their working society. I'm seeing the teachers using outdated methods, or oldschool methods being thrown out for so-called "better" ones. I also see the biases, such as in standardized tests.

yes, I have seen parents who are not doing their part in their children educations. those are mostly the ones who have been failed themselves. or you see our children continually thrown out of class and schools. I see many teachers being complacent and not really caring about the children as individuals. they demand respect but give none to the child. we need to take more control over how we and who govern our children's lives.

more control does not mean just a good ***-kicking. I'm seeing these kids transferring this violence to other kids. I would like to see more teachers of color in the classroom and in the school period, custodians, social workers, teacher's assistants, etc. We need the village. I look after yours, you look after mine.

However, again, is this education to be used to become a part of working class or to build our own "schools" and communities. I concentrated on education because those lacking my most in these areas are more prone to become a criminal. They learn to street hustle. This also leads them to only care about themselves and the present. They aren't living for the future, so they care about no one else because they don't really care about themselves.

I think it is also important to teach our children how to walk away for ********. That they don't have to prove their worth by hurting others. But most often, when others make us feeling unworthy, we look for someone else use to lift us higher.

I'm don't mean to seem like I'm making excuses, I just know that this runs much deeper.

U R Right!

I do not mean to diminish the big picture. All I want to do is narrow it down to scope we can start with and the one I know we can start with is close to home. Right in out houses, churches, recreation centers and schools. Yes, we are all influenced by greater society, but we must start with what we can control.

We can control what our kinds do in our homes. We can control what comes into out homes. We can even control, to a certain, extent, what comes into our communities. does this mean that we can change everything at this level? Of course not, the problem is much bigger than that, but I am speaking of the things we can control and our children are a starting point.

Outside society is a much more difficult task because of its size but even that can be handled if we lay the proper foundation in our own community. This does not have to be an issue like solving world hunger. All we need to do is stop one child from starving, or in this case, going wrong. That starts at home, then into the neighborhood until they reach that first day at school when they are exposed to so much more, but if we have started right at home, perhaps the corrections will need not be so dramatic but rather minor course changes.

I say I don't worry much about white folks because they have shown a remarkable tendency to mobilize when it become necessary and I think that black folks are no less concerned and no less abole to mobilize, but what they do cannot be our first concern, our first concern has always got to be what we do because it is we who care the most.

Granted, the messages that come from the media, society at large and indiscriminate broadcasts has its affect in all the communities, but we can only try to change them as they are driven by profits. When we hurt the profits we change the commercial society and the comercialized child.

In no way am I in disagreement with you because to me there is no right and wrong as far as solutions are concerned. Anything that is positive, proactive and shows concern for our children is the right way. It is doing nothing that I am against.

Ra

Various ideas on both!

Communal living has been a study topic for me. I have been investigating the ways of monogamy, serial monogamy, polygamy and polyandry for some time. It is intersting. You have provoked me into maybe doing apiece on it because a lot men and I suppose not a few women might think this is an answer.

Polygamy has at various times in history been accepted and encouraged, but I suppose you'd want to know the rest of the story? When the pros and cons are looked at, the many men might not feel so powerful about wanting to be involved in a polygamous marriage because of the great responsibility involved, including sexually.

I don't know much about Powernomics, but now I will be searching the web for a synopsis. I am always interested in new things.

Ra

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back