Amun-Ra : Youth Violence (Tick Tock)

I agree, there is a problem going on with our youth today.
Parents need to be more responsible. Stop letting the television and the radio shape our childrens lives.
Teach your children about love, and about God. We need
to stand and take back our communities from drugs, sex and violence.We need to place positive role models in their lives.We need to educate our children. Education is a very important factor, the more you have, the further you'll go.It never crossed my mind to quit school, and I myself was a teenage mother.Too many kids are dropping out, and this scares me.Parents we just need to stand up, speak out, and take back control.

Every aspect!

You guys hit it right where it belongs. Parents play a large roll in correcting this problem. Many parents haven't realized that once you bring children into this world that parents needs all of sudden become secondary. Always secondary! That doesn't mean the child gets whatever he or she wants, it means that parents see to their children first and the child's best interest and that includes making decision that will prepare that child for life.

Y'all got this one pegged.

As you have said brother we live in a society that is based and bred on "Gangsterism" from the hood to the Whitehouse. From the inception of this nation as we now know it robbing, trickery, pillaging and the like (all gangster tactics) continue. From robbing one of life to robbing one of opportunity to live the so-called "American dream" which coincedentally happens to be a nightmare for most. So what do we do? Especially in regards to our young who commit so many crimes. I think we as a people need to take our energies (not our eyes) off "the man" and focusing on fixing ourselves. Just think how can we command respect and justice from the "Overseers" when we do not command that from ourselves? We are quick to protest a killing of a brother or sister at a department store (check Detroit's news) at the hands of store security ,but, are we as quick to protest when these brothers who are "extremely" misguided are in the streets killing their reflections? Better yet, we need to protest and act before another killing in the hood and stop reacting. But it starts with us. No one respects a man or people who doesn't respect his/her/themselves. I could gone on 'til we revert back to 8track tapes and 78 records so I'll stop. You editorial was very insightful.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back