Black People : You're Not Ready For This Information ...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 19, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

It does something to me, when a Member suggests that we or one is "Not Ready For This Information."

I'm always left bewildered, in that, how can one person make such a determination for another?!!!

It would suggest that the person making the comment, is somehow greater than those less knowledgeable, able to penetrate and gauge their ultimate ability and wherewithal, to critique a piece of information or knowledge. It even goes further than that, in that, they may be referencing a single person, but in this environment, one never knows who all is reading, listening, learning, and able to comprehend whatever might be disclosed.

I think it's pure arrogance when someone says such.

If one were so enlightened, as to be able to make such determinations, why haven't they used that advanced level of being, to free our people from this current and world-wide devastation that we bear. Why stop here, to say we're not ready yet? Just skip over us, especially in light of the fact that we're not ready?!!

This kind of behavior baffles my mind.

I'm much more inclined to believe that no one of us has the ultimate answers, and we will only achieve them through the sharing of information, the gathering of minds and strengths, while simultaneously trusting that the winds will carry the message to fertile ground, where it can grow ... if growing is what it's suppose to do.

If you have something to share, then share it.

If you have something that you don't feel we're ready for, then just don't share it, but don't insult our intelligence by suggesting that you are able to determine what we are ready for.

As i think on this more, it may not even be that we're not ready, it may be that you're not ready (to teach).

Don't put what could easily be your own shortcoming, on us.

:heart:

Destee

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    In most cases people say those things, because they think we're a bunch of lost souls.

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    nawww, I won't believe that they think we are a bunch of lost souls, as they sit in the midst of us...what would that make them? and what would be their purpose to even be here, given the fact that we're not ready? ...unless ya here to prepare us, ...uhh ... to get ready?

4. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

ASE QUEENTSWANA !!!!

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Destee,

That was pure synchronicity. I was thinking the exact same thing.

6. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

Sis Destee, Bro Knowledge

It happens that some people in our midst appear to have a god complex. They believe that they have aquired so much knowledge and wisdom that they need no more and are ready to become master teachers. These people have issues with humility and need to be humbled, seriously. A person like this is what I like to call the "pseudo deep philosopher", they come around trying to sound deep, thinking they know it all, when in fact they themselves have gotten lost in their own blown up persona. I cant stand these individuals because they are all about themselves and are really no good to the cause, therefore I like to steer clear from them. The reality is that we all have more and more to learn each day, no one knows it all. I heard someone The more you learn the less you know. I agree with sis Destee, "If anyone of us thinks that he or she has "arrived" and knows all the answers," then by god dont wait another moment wont you save our helpless black souls and make it all right. Well since we know this isnt the case we must all humble ourselves and know that we are in the same boat.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thanks Family for your responses ... :love: ... Sister Each1Teach1 ... i agree with some of what you've said, but i've seen a lot of this over the years, and i think they just don't know how "uninviting" they come across. I believe that if a person has gone through the trouble of learning / mastering a thing, teaching it is the next level. It is what they want to do, they just don't know how. What good is knowledge, if you cannot share it? It just doesn't seem natural, to be blessed to attain advanced knowledge, only to be hindered by not being able to present yourself or it, in a manner that would be receptive to the very ones you should be teaching. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Imparting that knowledge, sharing it, is a craft unto itself, that the teacher must master as well ... if they want to be counted amongst the greatest of teachers. Actually, i believe this is something we all must master, for i believe, we all are teachers.

It's as though this essential part gets skipped in one's quest for knowledge, but if the knowledge is to come to its ripest fruition, this part cannot be skipped. So the teacher becomes the student, no doubt at the very moment they realize they are or should be teachers. So those of us who see this, must encourage the student in them, for they could grow to be one of the greatest teachers in our midst ... if they could only master being the student, at the very same time.

In addition to the above, they also have a very unbelieving class to present their theories to. We are a people that have been lied to from the very beginning, about most all things. We are just now coming into the knowledge of our selves (collectively), and it's mind boggling to say the least, to learn that all you believed, is a lie. This fact alone, is going to make it very difficult for the next "teacher" to come amongst us, and convince us of a truth that they have no hard evidence to support. It's going to take more than flowery words, to move us.

The greatest of teachers will bring evidence, whatever evidence they have, and they'll be glad to do that. They know we have already been hoodwinked, bamboozled, and led astray. They know it's not going to be easy to convince us, but if it is in them to teach, they will strive to do this no matter how difficult.

They must bring evidence to show what they propose, is in fact, the answer. It would help if they could show how they've already employed their tactic, freed a few Brothers from prison, fed a few hungry babies, gave a few young Brothers a job, helped a few Sisters raising babies alone ... something tangible ... that we can see.

If they can do that, if they got some of that, i'd be more than willing to give them the elevated status they seek. We need that.

If they can't, then they are just like the rest of us, sharing opinions.

:heart:

Destee

8. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Sister Destee:

I agree that what good is Knowledge if it may not be shared....

but also what good is it if it falls on deaf ears..... or rather some that don't want to hear it...

I think the "not ready for this" is merely just a way to get the attention.. although it creates and automatic offensive in some..... just an attempt to provoke thought....

I like to say if you can dish it out learn to accept it also....

The light bulb went off for me the other day when I was perusing the threads...

Brother Keita "provoked" my thoughts when he said in another thread that the first law of nature is "self preservation"....

I thought wow what a different approach at saying love urself first because that's what everyone else does........ without using the words "white" or "hate"... which I have also noticed if u put any of those words in a thread title we love to discuss ... over and over and over and over and over.....

I think most of my own personal frustration comes when I read people being so negative toward themselves......

Sister Each1Teach1:

it's always interesting communicating with you... although we don't agree on everything......

with regard to this post... your included in your own description... it's like you want respect, but it's like ur unmovable in ur own views... and this is not to initiate an offensive from you..... it's just that you approach your views with a strong passion just like many including myself.....

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I've always felt that one whom knows should share it to uplift those whom may not
    know of .
    When one say that a mind not ready is because they yet know not how to present it

so that along say a lot that we all still in a learning stage , when rising the heights is
    never too high .....Truth is no one human being knows all , to me this a way one so
    call themselves greater or better then there surroundings which not wise at all .
    knowledge is the soup to wisdom speaketh it and watch who knows.

when a person say one not ready and stay in a hush only say they afraid to say
    because they might run cross someone who may teach them on the supject

you can't never say who's ready or not , those who are is at that stage , those
    who not then Teach them so we all can rise on the level of knowledge.

10. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

Wow, do I come across like I know everything? Im sorry if it seems that I do. But the honest answer is that I dont know everything and as Ive said many times before we are all still learning. I have never come across to say that I am a master teacher. Am I passionate about what I believe? Yes, should I be unmoveable in my faith? Yes, and we all should be. You Must stand for something or you will for anything sister. Yes, I challenge people in their thoughts and views especially when it comes to Science & History (or a particular subject where facts exist) and so should I be challenged if there is no evidence to support what I am saying. Now If its a personal view or opinion thats something different, I cant tell someone what to think. I have no right to do that. Im sure if you or anyone here got to know me, you would know that I am a humble person at heart. I also know what I know, but that does not negate me from opening up to things I dont know. I just dont believe in taking anything at face value no matter who is speaking, its my duty to do the research. Again, I certainly dont want to come across as a know it all, so Im sorry if it seems that way. However I may be a little assertive and opinionated but thats just me.:em2300: