Black Children : "You're not black enough"

Have you talked with any other mixed-race people about this?

How do your parents identify culturally?...with only one or some or all of your heritages?

I saw that thread you mentioned above after I made this one. >.< but yeah, I looked it over after.

My mother doesn't generally like black people. Refers to them as "the n word" whenever one 'acts ghetto.'

My father, however, says that if I'm part black then I'm black. He and my mom are divorced and he lives in Chicago.

I saw that thread you mentioned above after I made this one. >.< but yeah, I looked it over after.

My mother doesn't generally like black people. Refers to them as "the n word" whenever one 'acts ghetto.'

My father, however, says that if I'm part black then I'm black. He and my mom are divorced and he lives in Chicago.

Hmmmm.

Well, again, only you can define you.

I'm about 70-80% African-American (or would that just be African??) The other bit is French, Cuban, Native American, and possibly English/Irish. It really shows because I have a very European-type nose and my hair is long probably due to the Native American thing. My skin is also a brown-dark orange type of tone. So I get recieve a lot of comments about my ehtnicity.

Most of the comments are positive, but there are some people who tend to tell me that I'm not really a black woman just because I'm part this and that. It really bothers me. I'd like to be seen as one. It might just be me who's taking it to heart when I shouldn't be, but it seems like you have to be 100% black to really be considered black.

I don't know how to get over this -_-" I know it must sound stupid. I even wrote a poem about it to try and feel better, and that only helped for about 5 minutes. :10500:

I have my opinions about what you are based on what you said but it comes down to ...

What do you feel that you are? Do you feel that you are black, white or neither?

There are some things that a person of black ancestory should know, especially if they are more black ancestory than anything else.

The worlds population in terms of numbers, has more people of color than it has of white people. All indegenous species of human, have original black or brown people, all accept for Europe.

W.I.P :whip:

From what you have expressed , I would say you are who you feel you are and how you
as a person proceed yourself to be .......I'm sure most black folks are mixed with something
and not 100% fully african blooded
Look deeper into the mirror you are who you are beyond what the society wants you to be.

I'm about 70-80% African-American (or would that just be African??) The other bit is French, Cuban, Native American, and possibly English/Irish. It really shows because I have a very European-type nose and my hair is long probably due to the Native American thing. My skin is also a brown-dark orange type of tone. So I get recieve a lot of comments about my ehtnicity.

Most of the comments are positive, but there are some people who tend to tell me that I'm not really a black woman just because I'm part this and that. It really bothers me. I'd like to be seen as one. It might just be me who's taking it to heart when I shouldn't be, but it seems like you have to be 100% black to really be considered black.

I don't know how to get over this -_-" I know it must sound stupid. I even wrote a poem about it to try and feel better, and that only helped for about 5 minutes. :10500:

I'm wondering, what does "being Black" mean to these people? I seriously doubt that anyone on this planet is 100% one race, even if the mixing dates from a couple of generations ago, it doesn't mean it never happened. If their definition of a Black person is a person that's 100% Black African, there probably aren't any "real Blacks". But anyway, that's technicality and i doubt this argument will actually convince them of anything so i'll take another approach on the matter: Why would you like so much to be "seen as one"? Why does it matter at all? What difference does the race other people think you are make to you? It doesn't have any influence on who you are. You have Black African blood, and whether the others acknowledge it or not will never change that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back