Black Children : "You're not black enough"

When you're concerned with what other people think about you, you're setting yourself up for failure.

I'm 1/8 NA, btw. And I love it!

Well, if you haven't noticed, everyone feels that way every once in a while. And I really don't understand why you have to come in here and make someone feel even worse about something when you see they're already down.

I'm done having this conversation with you, so goodbye.

I'm about 70-80% African-American (or would that just be African??) The other bit is French, Cuban, Native American, and possibly English/Irish. It really shows because I have a very European-type nose and my hair is long probably due to the Native American thing. My skin is also a brown-dark orange type of tone. So I get recieve a lot of comments about my ehtnicity.

Most of the comments are positive, but there are some people who tend to tell me that I'm not really a black woman just because I'm part this and that. It really bothers me. I'd like to be seen as one. It might just be me who's taking it to heart when I shouldn't be, but it seems like you have to be 100% black to really be considered black.

I don't know how to get over this -_-" I know it must sound stupid. I even wrote a poem about it to try and feel better, and that only helped for about 5 minutes. :10500:

Have you talked with any other mixed-race people about this?

How do your parents identify culturally?...with only one or some or all of your heritages?

Have you talked with any other mixed-race people about this?

How do your parents identify culturally?...with only one or some or all of your heritages?

I saw that thread you mentioned above after I made this one. >.< but yeah, I looked it over after.

My mother doesn't generally like black people. Refers to them as "the n word" whenever one acts ghetto.

My father, however, says that if I'm part black then I'm black. He and my mom are divorced and he lives in Chicago.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back