Black People : You're About Unity and Black Love - But You Can't Get Along with Black People Here

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

You're About Unity and Black Love - But You Can't Get Along with Black People Here

What does this mean?

Does such an experience cause you to pause and evaluate your own self, or them?

Is this indicative of improvement needed on your part, or theirs?

Or is it that the Black People here, are somehow different or excluded from the Unity and Love?

With Black Love and Unity the goal, how would you resolve such a problem?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

You're About Unity and Black Love - But You Can't Get Along with Black People Here

What does this mean?

Does such an experience cause you to pause and evaluate your own self, or them?

Is this indicative of improvement needed on your part, or theirs?

Or is it that the Black People here, are somehow different or excluded from the Unity and Love?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Destee

I think that we do here what all Black people have historically done and will continue to do. Like all families, we fight, cuss each other out, play the dozens and all else. Personally speaking, I have yet to meet one Black family where everything has been all lovey dovey....it simply goes against human nature. The most important issue in this is in knowing where to draw the line in acknowledgment of the bigger picture. We are passionate, diverse and damaged from our life experiences as well as what we have encoded within us from our ancestors experience in slavery. There is no new blood or DNA on the planet. What our ancestors went through is in our dna and our blood and none of us are aware of when that information, that fear, that anger, that pain or anything else may surface in us and through us.

I think that we do here what all Black people have historically done and will continue to do. Like all families, we fight, cuss each other out, play the dozens and all else. Personally speaking, I have yet to meet one Black family where everything has been all lovey dovey....it simply goes against human nature. The most important issue in this is in knowing where to draw the line in acknowledgment of the bigger picture. We are passionate, diverse and damaged from our life experiences as well as what we have encoded within us from our ancestors experience in slavery. There is no new blood or DNA on the planet. What our ancestors went through is in our dna and our blood and none of us are aware of when that information, that fear, that anger, that pain or anything else may surface in us and through us.

That may be all true and good ... but nothing precludes us from getting along with each other ... but us.

At the end of the day, the bottom line, it's our choice if and how we engage another.

That decision can be tied to any number of indirect factors, making it as complicated as you'd like.

When it came to my house, my children, my siblings ... we were not allowed to fight each other.

But if that is the experience everyone is coming from, it may help explain some things.

Even with that though, individual distinct decisions are being made to continue it, or change it.

Love You!

Destee

That may be all true and good ... but nothing precludes us from getting along with each other ... but us.

At the end of the day, the bottom line, it's our choice if and how we engage another.

That decision can be tied to any number of indirect factors, making it as complicated as you'd like.

When it came to my house, my children, my siblings ... we were not allowed to fight each other.

But if that is the experience everyone is coming from, it may help explain some things.

Even with that though, individual distinct decisions are being made to continue it, or change it.

Love You!

Destee
This is my fifth and last post for the day, but just like at a PTA meeting, Town Hall meeting Black Association, folks are not allowed to act nasty towards one another, in those venues. Sure there may not be a "breaking of a rule" in regards to acting nasty, but I think everyone knows what the term means! Like Dr Clarke said "civilization means the act of being civil, which means, that generally if folks have respect for each other then they do not say things to them, that they would not dare say to them face to face just cause they feel they can getaway with it! If I ay something out of turn I apologize, but I dont bear grudges or try to dig dirt like a prosecuting district attorney!

Love You!

We were not allowed to fight either but it happened...even if we had to wait until our parents went to work or while we were outside playing. There are two distinct factors within everyone when we feel stressed, threatened (whether consciously or subconsciously) called "fight or flight". We actually go through a chemical and mental changes.

Imagine someone on this site going through this:

The reaction begins in the amygdala, which triggers a neural response in the hypothalamus. The initial reaction is followed by activation of the pituitary gland and secretion of the hormone ACTH.[8] The Adrenal Gland is activated almost simultaneously and releases the neurotransmitter Epinephrine. The release of chemical messengers results in the production of the hormone Cortisol, which increases blood pressure, blood sugar, and suppresses the immune system.[9] The initial response and subsequent reactions are triggered in an effort to create a boost of energy. This boost of energy is activated by epinephrine binding to Liver cells and the subsequent production of glucose.[10] Additionally, the circulation of Cortisol functions to turn fatty acids into available energy, which prepares muscles throughout the body for response.[11] Catecholamine hormones, such as adrenaline or noradrenaline, facilitate immediate physical reactions associated with a preparation for violent muscular action. These include the following:[12]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response

Now I mentioned this to say that, although you say it's about personal choice, it may not be at all. You've made a claim based upon the "assumption" that everyone here is of "sound mind and emotionally stable". We have people here from all over the globe with diverse experiences, education, conditioning and all else that we don't know about. The variables are too great for you to make that assumption pertaining to choice. This is why you must be the stabilizer whenever and wherever you can...because at the end of the day, this is your house.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back