Black Astrology : Your Zodiac Signs Changes W/ Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do Christians explain the presence of urim and thummim a form of divination used by the High Preists in the bible Sis blkbutterlfy41?

And the author of the article seems to be implying that astrological predictions are 'evil', but didn't the 3 wise men find Jesus by following the stars???

[URL="http://bible.cc/numbers/27-21.htm"]http://bible.cc/numbers/27-21.htm[/URL]

http://www.religioustolerance.org/divi_law.htm

Those pages explains in lenght the now relationship with paganism and the pratice with astrology , demonism, foretelling, tea eave reading etc

I have more to explain without an doubt why it was condoned to some extent in bibilical times verses now. And more specifically the 3 wise men as you mentioned. I can explain it myself but I rather have someting more solid rather then my word for anything. ** smile**

Bear with me........................

[URL="http://bible.cc/numbers/27-21.htm"]http://bible.cc/numbers/27-21.htm[/URL]

http://www.religioustolerance.org/divi_law.htm

Those pages explains in lenght the now relationship with paganism and the pratice with astrology , demonism, foretelling, tea eave reading etc

I have more to explain without an doubt why it was condoned to some extent in bibilical times verses now. And more specifically the 3 wise men as you mentioned. I can explain it myself but I rather have someting more solid rather then my word for anything. ** smile**

Bear with me........................

I read the article. I feel thier definition of divination is wrong (i don't care what Webster says) divination has nothing to do with ''fore-telling the future'' but more to do with having the client understand the energies surrounding issues or a situation in their life. It can be used to show a person's true path in life ..it is more in depth than what you read sister. I still do not understand why urim and thummim was used by the High priest in Israel if ANY form of divination is evil, or demonic according to the bible

Interesting...

Urim and thummim is still a form of Divination, so it would be the same as necromancy. Researchers have yet to determine whether it was a set of stones, sticks, or cards... but the point remains, it still was an instrument(a very important one in those days) for consulting with the spirit world.

what about the 3 wise men who looked to the stars in other to find Jesus?

When Saul inquired of the LORD, I)the LORD did not answer him, either by J)dreams or by K)Urim or by prophets.

7Then Saul said to his servants, "Seek for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her." And his servants said to him, "Behold, L)there is a woman who is a medium at M)En-dor."

8Then Saul N)disguised himself by putting on other clothes, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night; and he said, "O)Conjure up for me, please, and P)bring up for me whom I shall name to you."

You are correct in the fact that they did use divination in the bible, but dealing w/ the particular scriptures you are referring to God NEVER approved of divination, as Saul was not answered through the urim by God; so therefore, he had to go to a medium to try and grant his quest. And the outcome was disastrous for Saul:

Sketch of the Situation:
1. Saul had expelled from the country all the necromancers (spirit mediums) and the fortunetellers. (1Sam 28:9)
2. The Philistines were ready to battle (and subdue) Israel (whose king was Saul). Saul became afraid. (1Sam 28:4,5)
3. Saul asks God and God did not answer, either by dreams, by the Urim or by the prophets. (1Sam 28:6)
4.Then, Saul, desperate, decided to go see a woman that practiced necromancy to consult her as a medium. (1Sam 28:7)

Through this woman, Saul was able to contact Samuel (who had already died). Samuel said to him (1Sam 28:16,19,20):

"Why are you asking me, if the Lord has departed you and has become your enemy?" "The Lord will deliver you and Israel into the hands of the Philistines. Tomorrow you and your sons will be with me" (that is: dead)," Saul fell to the ground for Samuel's words had filled him with fear.
What can we elucidate from this Biblical quotation?

1.Fortune tellers and necromancy are realities, even though many priests, because of fear or ignorance, tell the faithful that such things are "superstitions." [1] [All Notes in the last page.]
2. If God, Who Is all-powerful, does not want to communicate with one seeking His help, is because He has a good reason; and
3. If by human stubbornness we insist in the use of metaphysical means to obtain information, perhaps God allows this through what we call His Passive Will, so that we may learn the lesson the hard way.

Corollaries of the Biblical Example

Primary:
Saul and sons died anyhow. However, his "curiosity" extended the agony of death from the moment that he consulted that woman until he physically died.

Secondary:

The use of metaphysical resources to try to bypass God's designs always carries a high price in suffering. What we get from God (and with God) through prayers and the interventions of the Holy Virgin, the angels and the saints, is always free and harmonious.

So researching farther, Confirms what I thought, it was never condoned by
God himself. The 3 wise men was never under Messiah law. The links provided gives proof of that, We must determine what was mans , and what was God, Yahweh or by any other name. Not to mention the difference between astronomy and astrology is totally different. The north star was the brightest star which gave direction during those times as well. The cosmos played a great importance in our early history. It set the tone of the times. Its science and yes At that tiome science and God have always went together.

I also understand that interpetation also plays a lot. I can;t say what I say is indeed fact, but the evidence is in the links provided so you can draw your own conclusion.

Also note that the bible wasn't written in chronological order. And most of the writers didn't comprehend what they were indeed writing. The proof in that if you know who wrote what books and at what time. The paraphases and symbolic over tones is to ensure Even with mans tampering those that have an relationship with God himself Will not be misguided .

I say that to say this. The book is designed for all times. As it harmonious from beginning to end. ( outside of Revelation )

The laws are there for our protection, as to know God you must know about his adversary as well. So who would really need an fortune teller , tea leaves, mediums or self proclaimed astrologers , if indeed you walk with God himself ??

Just my perspective on the biblical stand point.

Now for those that don't believe in the bible...........................

How much power do we give someone with words ?? If they claim to have an special gift per say and what faith do we give to another human being ??

If a person told you that within 10 days , something bad will happen to you or an love one. How does this play on the mental simply because you believe it ?? Not to mention how much would you help the act itself ?? Is this harmful to others ??

Hmmmmmmm, We have enough to worry about as we all should be more responsible and not take advantage of the naive. If such people have such powers, Would it not enhanced their own lives ???

The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he does not exist.

Reminds me of an old myth: The cyclops made a deal with the devil. The devil told him to give him one eye and he will have the power to fore see the future. The cyclops agreed. And the only future he can see was when he himself will die.

smdh

Thanks again, as I learned and I've shared. Great question. ^5 !! I had to do some work !!!! lol

Duty calls, gotta run. But let me hear your perspective, I'm sure its interesting. Have a wonderful day !!

Peace

http://www.mgrfoundation.org/adivin.html

hahaha, for those on the first page claiming Astrology isn't real, have you even put it to a test to see for your self?

Yes, the signs do change but if you know nothing about Astrology, you won't understand how that affects the zodiac in terms of how signs would then apply to people.

Peace

Astrologer4U

hahaha, for those on the first page claiming Astrology isn't real, have you even put it to a test to see for your self?

Yes, the signs do change but if you know nothing about Astrology, you won't understand how that affects the zodiac in terms of how signs would then apply to people.

Peace

Astrologer4U

Sister, your free to believe what you want, but how can Astrology be accurate w/ what's your zodiac sign?
When the Sun moves one Degree every 72 yrs away from the constellation it is in now?
I believe in Astronomy, but not Astrology.
Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back