Black Women : Your Passions

My first passion is writing poetry. I write about 5-10 poems a day. No matter where I'm at something sparks and I have to put it on paper. If I don't have a pen and paper a thousands thoughts would just kill me if I couldn't write. I love to write poetry, short stories and I also write rap songs. Rapping used to be an enjoyment of mine, but I discovered poetry, and now I can't breathe with out it consuming my life. POETRY ME!!!!

The passion I've had since I can remember is for learning. I always desire new knowledge and continuous growth. If I'm not learning, I'm not happy.

Other passions are music, literature, and films.

The newest passion has become children in my community. I feel as if so many are just being abandoned or not given the opportunities they deserve. For the past 4 years or so, I've volunteered as a parent-aide with the Child Abuse Prevention agency where I work with parents on getting the info, the funds, the education, or whatever else is needed to better their lives in hopes that they will provide better homes and environments for the children. I also volunteer with an organization that provides inhouse & outpatient treatment for teens with substance abuse problems.

I have MANY!

My first passion would be Astrology, I got turned on to it in High School thanks to my friend.

Second would be Writing. I love to write tho' I don't do it often since I been out of school. I remember that I used to love getting Essays from my teacher...I would truly get into any Topic that was brought to the table....
My ALLTIME must-have Passion is......DANCING!!!!. I have to Dance, no matter the circumstances, no matter the type of Music that is being played, I gotsta' Dance!. Especially any type of Dance that requires much Movement- like African Dance or Salsa- I LOVES IT!!!!!

Uh,OH- Here I go Again :bellydance: ...must...stop....dancing....but I..don't...know....How......

Great thread! My passions are science, adventures, explorations, sensuality, freedom and revolution (black revolution for the liberation of black peoples worldwide), occult mysteries and metaphysics (traditional African religion), charity and tolerance. I spend my time searching and expanding those energies, potentials and experiences. These passions are what I think I truly need to to grow ;) !

Abantu.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back