Black People : Your Heroes

Heartbeat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2001
Hello All,
Would like to know of three people who you would consider a hero to you and a brief description as to why. Please list those other than family members, (unless they are the only ones you have as heroes) Malcom X and Martin Luther King, Jr.
My heroes are:
Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. - Black Congressman from Harlem during the 50's and 60's. Pastor of large powerful church. goes largely unrecognized as a civil rights leader, but in fact led the fight on capital hill with amendments to legislation that were designed to help black people. A flamboyant man of education, means and celebrity.

Sammy Davis Jr. - The most talented entertainer of his day. All talents considered, there was no one in second place. A black star in a segregated industry. He put up with unspeakable abuse yet endured for the love of showbusiness. Talent and courage describe him best.

Fannie Lou Hamer - A woman with the guts to crash the 1964 Democratic Convention so Black Mississippians can be represented in the Mississippi Delegation. She worked for farmers rights, women's rights and for the right to vote in the most severe of Jim Crow states

I have a few more but three is what I asked for. Interested in yours.

BE

indeed ....... i have a few well ya know M.Jordan
this man took basketball to new high and he earn
every championship ring he is soft spoken to me
and the brutha carry him self in such a manner
now my other is a sistah of higher learning Matha Steward
she gave her all to teach the slowest of children in a ed of
knowledge forth she knew......I also can't help it but my
FATHER ROBERT was my top hero cuz he gave me wisdom
freedom and life this man was a icon within his own a father
to whom ever came within his reach he was a teacher wit
knowledge to guide ya path to the house of da LORD

BE.......... I had to add this black man of power in .....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back