Black People Politics : Your guide to post-inauguration demonstrations, marches and protests - March For Our Lives

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
U.S. protest group vows to disrupt Trump inaugural festivities

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Leaders of an ad hoc group of protesters enraged by Republican Donald Trump's election as president of the United States vowed on Wednesday to disrupt his inauguration this week by blocking public access to the event.

The DisruptJ20 protest group said it will send groups of demonstrators to the dozen entrances to the grassy National Mall where hundreds of thousands of people are expected to gather to watch Trump, who has never before held public office, be sworn in as president on the steps of the U.S. Capitol on Friday ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-protest-group-vows-disrupt-trump-inaugural-festivities-210302824.html

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump speaks to diplomats at the Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC) Chairman's Global Dinner in Washington, U.S. January 17, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

By Lacey Johnson and Ian Simpson

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
How the town of Whitefish defeated its neo-Nazi trolls — and became a national model of resistance

... Elsewhere, Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial — who served as an officer in Skokie, Ill. back in 1977, when another band of Nazis famously tried to march through town — kindly explained that if any of their descendants were “going to protest in our city, I want them to understand they’re going to do it our way … or we’re going to kick their a**.”

But the most telling display of how Whitefish was fighting back was the one I’d ventured to Montana specifically to see; at the north end of Central, next to Depot Park, a late-morning block party was just getting underway, “Love, Not Hate” was the theme ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-the-tiny-montana-ski-town-of-whitefish-defeated-its-neo-nazi-trolls-and-became-a-national-model-of-resistance-225557686.html

Hazel Ryan, 8, who traveled from Butte, Mont., holding a sign that she made for the event. (Photo: Lauren Grabelle)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The Women’s March marks the rebirth of a fight that began long ago

... The audacious 1913 suffrage parade bends in an arc toward the 2017 Women’s March on Washington.

In each event, a convergence in the capital aimed to serve notice to a new president of something stirring: Yes, women are a political force ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-womens-march-marks-the-rebirth-of-a-movement-that-began-long-ago/2017/01/19/306b284e-ddcd-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.9e9b0a1261a2&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

A crowd gathers around a Red Cross ambulance during the women's suffrage procession in Washington in 1913. (Library of Congress via Associated Press)

By Jamie Stiehm January 19 at 8:11 PM

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Confrontation near parade route escalates, pepper spray used

WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters registered their rage against the new president Friday in a chaotic confrontation with police who used pepper spray and stun grenades in a melee just blocks from Donald Trump's inaugural parade route.

Signs read, "Resist Trump Climate Justice Now," ''Let Freedom Ring," ''Free Palestine" ...

Video

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-planning-disrupt-donald-trumps-big-day-083619126--election.html?ref=gs

JESSICA GRESKO, MICHAEL BIESECKER and JEFF HORWITZ

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.