Your family is worth honoring

ifasehun

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 11, 2003
Its always good to honor our national elders and ancestors, but remember you have family that is worth honoring. Many of us have grandparents, parents, siblings, uncles and aunts and cousins that could teach the world a thing or two about:

honor, humility, love, sacrifice, work ethic, humor, strength, sensitivity, truth, courage, warriorship, parenthood, leadership, devotion, etc.

Let's see more people honor their own Ancestors!

here some traditional prerequisites for being considered an Ancestor by west African standards:
  • Lived long life and/or Died Honorably for Cause
  • Father or Mother of at least one child
  • Die of natural causes (No suicides or unnatural diseases)
  • Good name/ reputation

Show family pride! Tell us about the those in your family that built upon the family name!

Your family is worth honoring, BUT, the problem I have found over the last few years is that for them most part family history is not passed along.

Over the past 5 years I have tried to get more of my family close and extended to submit info for a family tree. I don't want just name and addresses, I am working on them to submit individual bios, likes and dislikes, occupations, medical history, pictures, dreams etc.

We have been able to go back to family members as far as 1801 so far. Being from Oklahoma, that includes tracking our Indian heritage as well. Growing up, we always new, we had Indian in us, (don't we all), but now we have US census records to show.

Hopefully we will have stories to share with our children and grand children.

Who knows what else will fall out of the tree.

Kelvin

yes so true Family bond is beautiful
it's one of our great tradition every year in JUNE
we get together for our reunion in different cities ,states
this give a more honor to our many elders within the family
the oldest married couple and the newest child added we
honor highly so i know you are very so much on point
FAMILY love and bond is the best love.....
all about togetherness ....Thanks for this thread

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back