Black People : Your definition of being Pro-Black...

Right off the bat I could only name 15 of the men in that photo compilation.
my apologies, I was not asking a question merely pointing out , that when we were children in the 60s, teens in the 70s, and young adults in the 80s ; Pro Black was something clearly defined! Now not so much, and now when we need at least some kind of paradigm or focus on that now more then ever

Yes ogoun, citizen access to the Internet and wordspeak via social media that's one can of worms many many many folks in power wish had never been opened. THE REAL TRUTH!!!!!

That may have been true as little as 15 years ago, but today?
While the old style cointellpro is still alive and well what goes on today is only something hoover & co. could dream about. It's an open secret that the CIA, the NSA, the FBI and god only knows how many other alphabet soup of agencies happily collect, assort and store every private message, every single e-mail sent and logging every key stroke every person makes. It's an open secret that no wants to think about that all these smart phones walking around now are nothing less than tracking devices for whatever government agency to use if some pencil pusher or bean counter or some paranoid PSD ex jarhead cum PD decides the carrier is a threat. Oh yeah, don't forget all those texts and email and conversations they all get to parse. You want to get on a watch list real quick? Go ahead send up a flag like encrypting your messages to your friends. (as if it would do any good about those that ease drop) Bing, bing, bing.........so how was your Big Mac jack?
A few days ago I ran across an interesting article (if I can remember where I read it I'll post it for ya), any ways it mentioned that Israel was selling their super duper spyware programs to various bad actors throughout the mideast and Africa to help them with, you know, their social media. Read whatever you want into that.

How else are they going to both protect profits and sell the latest hot widget at Sam's Club (or Lowes or Home Depot or Wall mart, take your pick) for cheap enough it can be thrown away for newer and better next year?
Someone has to bear the cost and as long as the American public doesn't dwell on that fact it will continue.
In god we trust.
What a joke.

I want I want I want, gimme gimme gimme should be the America motto.

No apology necessary my friend, I was just testing my recollection of our elder leadership. Didn't fare to well as I should've. Unlike "The Other Man" everyday of our existence from birth to death has been, is now and always will be tumultuous. I truly wish I was wrong but it appears that our destiny is based on "The more things change the more they stay the same". Our dynamic as a people struggling to not even persevere but to just survive against all odds seems at best disheartening. Gloomy huh? Like someone somewhere asked a few times before. So what's "YOUR" plan? So now I'll ask. So what's "YOUR" plan?
The plan is a simple one !
1 Look at the statistics of the soldity of the Black family unit, from the 60s and 70s to the prestent, then look at the level of at least a focus on collective economics and the number of movements we had as a people in the 60s 70s and even 80s and the lack of that now, then look at the community love we had as a people no matter how hard or bleak, things , may have been, then compare that to the period of time when we lost that in the 90s as well as losing our communties to gentrfication!
2 then ask yourself, was that due to us just not giving a **** anymore or due to a Cultural Virus inflicted on the community ??
eac122c8d000522b9a7701528e0e1dff.jpg

3 But if it is due to a new Culture , a Culture antagonistic to our progress and one that more then likey stopped our progress, then it will take 30 Conscious Sisters and Brothers in each of the 50 states , to work together to create a Cultural Revolution to be the Antivirus , to that cultural Virus of Gangsta Thug Pimp, Balling Trap and Drill culture , that has effected every strata of the Black community in the past 25 years regardless of education or economics, surely as someone who has been a social worker ( as you say down in the trenches in the ghetto) and studied both sociology and psychology , would understand this !
The Scientific Method denotes , do what has been proven to be effective !
100 years ago Garvey created a Cultural Revolution that transformed millions of house negroes and assimilationists to become , Pan Africanists and Black Nationalists ! And mind you he did it with no technology and no media !

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back