Black People : Your definition of being Pro-Black...

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
Right off the bat I could only name 15 of the men in that photo compilation.
my apologies, I was not asking a question merely pointing out , that when we were children in the 60s, teens in the 70s, and young adults in the 80s ; Pro Black was something clearly defined! Now not so much, and now when we need at least some kind of paradigm or focus on that now more then ever

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Yes ogoun, citizen access to the Internet and wordspeak via social media that's one can of worms many many many folks in power wish had never been opened. THE REAL TRUTH!!!!!
That may have been true as little as 15 years ago, but today?
While the old style cointellpro is still alive and well what goes on today is only something hoover & co. could dream about. It's an open secret that the CIA, the NSA, the FBI and god only knows how many other alphabet soup of agencies happily collect, assort and store every private message, every single e-mail sent and logging every key stroke every person makes. It's an open secret that no wants to think about that all these smart phones walking around now are nothing less than tracking devices for whatever government agency to use if some pencil pusher or bean counter or some paranoid PSD ex jarhead cum PD decides the carrier is a threat. Oh yeah, don't forget all those texts and email and conversations they all get to parse. You want to get on a watch list real quick? Go ahead send up a flag like encrypting your messages to your friends. (as if it would do any good about those that ease drop) Bing, bing, bing.........so how was your Big Mac jack?
A few days ago I ran across an interesting article (if I can remember where I read it I'll post it for ya), any ways it mentioned that Israel was selling their super duper spyware programs to various bad actors throughout the mideast and Africa to help them with, you know, their social media. Read whatever you want into that.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
How else are they going to both protect profits and sell the latest hot widget at Sam's Club (or Lowes or Home Depot or Wall mart, take your pick) for cheap enough it can be thrown away for newer and better next year?
Someone has to bear the cost and as long as the American public doesn't dwell on that fact it will continue.
In god we trust.
What a joke.

I want I want I want, gimme gimme gimme should be the America motto.

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
No apology necessary my friend, I was just testing my recollection of our elder leadership. Didn't fare to well as I should've. Unlike "The Other Man" everyday of our existence from birth to death has been, is now and always will be tumultuous. I truly wish I was wrong but it appears that our destiny is based on "The more things change the more they stay the same". Our dynamic as a people struggling to not even persevere but to just survive against all odds seems at best disheartening. Gloomy huh? Like someone somewhere asked a few times before. So what's "YOUR" plan? So now I'll ask. So what's "YOUR" plan?
The plan is a simple one !
1 Look at the statistics of the soldity of the Black family unit, from the 60s and 70s to the prestent, then look at the level of at least a focus on collective economics and the number of movements we had as a people in the 60s 70s and even 80s and the lack of that now, then look at the community love we had as a people no matter how hard or bleak, things , may have been, then compare that to the period of time when we lost that in the 90s as well as losing our communties to gentrfication!
2 then ask yourself, was that due to us just not giving a **** anymore or due to a Cultural Virus inflicted on the community ??

3 But if it is due to a new Culture , a Culture antagonistic to our progress and one that more then likey stopped our progress, then it will take 30 Conscious Sisters and Brothers in each of the 50 states , to work together to create a Cultural Revolution to be the Antivirus , to that cultural Virus of Gangsta Thug Pimp, Balling Trap and Drill culture , that has effected every strata of the Black community in the past 25 years regardless of education or economics, surely as someone who has been a social worker ( as you say down in the trenches in the ghetto) and studied both sociology and psychology , would understand this !
The Scientific Method denotes , do what has been proven to be effective !
100 years ago Garvey created a Cultural Revolution that transformed millions of house negroes and assimilationists to become , Pan Africanists and Black Nationalists ! And mind you he did it with no technology and no media !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Black People : The Unhidden Agenda-New World Order & the definition of Human Being (Monster) Black People Open Forum 1
Perfection Black People Politics : A working definition of a “conscious” black man Black People Politics 20
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Definition of a Real Player Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DEFINITION OF GOSPEL (Euaggelion): A Birth or military victory By Andre Austin I first learned of AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How The Christians missed the correct Definition of Lukewarm AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Spoken Word : The Definition of a Black Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Definition of Fearless Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Ladies: What is your definition of a "nice guy"? Black Relationships 57
S Black Spirituality Religion : What are Djinn? Definition & Assessment Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Ankhur Black Men : In Communications Betwen Men What is the Definition of A Punk? Black Men 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Blackstar (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) - Definition Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People : On a definition of Racism, Racist.. and Miss Millieism.. Black People Open Forum 25
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : What is your definition of Spirituality, and how do you express it? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
S Black People : Definition of a Poet... Gil Scott-Heron Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : What is your definition of Creative Energy? Black People Open Forum 3
A African American History Culture : AFRIMERICAN DEFINITION African American History Culture 1
asimplepoet Black Poetry : You’re the definition of F.I.R.E. (DSS/asimplepoet collab) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
Zulile Black Jokes Humor : What's the definition of Black Jokes Humor 1
OmowaleX Black People : Definition of a KNEEGROW Black People Open Forum 2
D Quiet Poetry Lounge : whats your definition of love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Spirituality Religion : The definition of Soul, at the Crossroads: the angelic essence of the African America Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : what is the definition of truth? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
Y Black People : Changing our Current Definition of Racism. e.g White Supremacy Black People Open Forum 40
M Black Relationships : Your Definition of SEX APPEAL Black Relationships 8
Akilah Black Spirituality Religion : What is your definition of FAITH ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 19
U Black People : Definition of a man (about DL BROTHERS.) Black People Open Forum 23
R Black Spirituality Religion : Witch-craft, Paganism, Heathenism...a rough definition. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 115
R Black Relationships : Men, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 32
R Black Relationships : Ladies, what is your definition of a real man/woman? Black Relationships 15
S Black People : Definition of a Black Man/Woman Black People Open Forum 4
L Black Relationships : ...Your Definition of "Thick"??... Black Relationships 52
ASHANTA Black Poetry : My Brothers Can A Sister Give You the Definition of Black Women Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
M Quiet Poetry Lounge : The carmelized definition Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
N Black Poetry : who am I (THE DEFINITION OF MANY WOMEN) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Spirituality Religion : A Definition of Love That Cannot Be Disputed... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
B Black Poetry : The Definition of Real Love Making URGelus BlkDynasty Collabo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Definition Of A Terrorist Will The Real Devils Stand Up? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
L Black Poetry : ...The Definition of Sexy... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
A Black Spirituality Religion : RE: THE DEFINITION OF SIN... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Definition of Self Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Y Black Poetry : Te Definition. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Being a former church goer/christian ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Liberian girl's song about COVID-19 being played on radio Black Entertainment 0
C Black People : Being Divinely True And Real Black People Open Forum 1
Azacotogan Benin : Daagbo of Ouidah being called "His Majesty" and "global leader of Vodun?!?" Benin 0
C Black People : Too Serious Being Black Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : This is hot and fly and it will occupy some dumb eardrums and some fear come from being haters, need elevators to take them all the way up like FAT J Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black People : Why Do Black Afrikans Allow That White Racist Unjust Prejudice Luciferian Human Being Set The Agenda For Black Commentary And Activism??? Black People Open Forum 0
Chyko Black Entertainment : Snoop Dogg Shows Black Love By Thanking His Wife For Being With Him "Through The Ups And Downs Smiles And Frowns" Black Entertainment 1