Black Spirituality Religion : Your belief isn't my business nor concern.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MsInterpret, Apr 19, 2013.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    This message is to every view point.

I know a lot of people on here like to go back and forth with we hate your Christian beliefs and we don't like your non-Christian belief...and I'm this, and I'm that...and we're better then you because of what we do and don't believe...and yada-yada-yada.
    I know some of you remember a couple years ago I wrote a thread about why I didn't like other Christians...well...the same applies to everyone else's belief.
    Not only that. But as a Christian, I don't like to shove my faith down other people's throats...I can't force anyone to believe something they don't want to believe.
    I believe in preaching the Word to someone one or two times...If they ask me a question that pertains to the Bible, I'll be more than happy to oblige them. ..If they reject it, then so be it. I don't feel any less way towards you, it won't change my views about you as a person. I will respect your decision to do what makes you feel happy at the end of the day. And in return, I'm happy with the fact that I tried and will keep it pushing.

Every one religion, belief system, feels entitled to some degree. Feels they are untouchable, feels superior to the next. Acting like pretentious butt-holes to each other. Deny it if you want, blame it on that other religion if you want, but it's true...And I see it and hear it on here and off the computer.
    Dang this feels like deja-vu...
    Belittling someone else's views or force feeding someone else your own view point won't change anyone's minds...It will only cause reject, hate, and resentment...

I come from a family of hodgepodge of beliefs...and it doesn't matter...do I wish we could all be just united and be one? Yes, but I've accepted their religion, their viewpoints, their decision to believe nothing at all. I love and respect my family's views no matter what. And vice versa.

Are you able to do the same?