Black People : YOUNGSTER'S BLACK-POWER POEM RILES SCHOOL

PurpleMoons said:
Not believing everything, I wonder how many Black parents were actually offended by the truth? I mean, we talk about the theft of our history amongst each other all the time. I just can't believe Black parents would be appalled by such a poem.

Anyhow, I give much props to our little Sister for speaking the truth. Many children (even some parents) don't have any concept of drastic measures taken which landed us in this mental state of exile. It's something purposely excluded from American History books.

Sweet Little Sister, Your message was not in vain!

I'm not sure where people's minds are sometimes. At the elementary school I went at, which was private on top of that, the parents advocated the firing of a teacher because he gave the kids too much homework. How is a child going to be prepared for highschool and even college if they don't learn how to discipline themselves now with school work? Heck, how will they even know they learned anything without a way to test their knowledge through assignments?!

And as far as history being excluded... it's either that, or when it is talked about, it's a page and a half full of lies! That's why I'm glad that my parents made sure to educate me on those types of things even if the school didn't do their job.

And as far as history being excluded... it's either that, or when it is talked about, it's a page and a half full of lies! That's why I'm glad that my parents made sure to educate me on those types of things even if the school didn't do their job.

Now that's what's up Sister Karminshine. My parents never talked about the conditions of us when I was younger. I don't quit understand why they didn't though. My rude awakening came with the premiere of roots. It wasn't until then that I realize all was not well in the Black communities. Some suggested, alot of Black parents didn't discuss these issues in front of children, they didn't want to burden us with the harsh realities of the world. They didn't want to inflict our young minds with the same hate and prejudice that was bestowed on us. I wish they'd shared the truth with me at a younger age, but I don't fault them for choosing not too. I just make it my responsibility to tell my children all I know about the truth.

but is this really what should be on the minds of our 7 year olds? Warded that shes very intelligent.. but she seems like a puppet of her "nation of islam" father to me. If they were her own developed views she spoke of then i would say yes! yes! but... these are the views that were instilled in her.. and since she has only been tought what her father sees fit.. who knows what else hes been feeding her young mind. Applauded none the lesss.. but MLK did not have a dream about 7 year olds in politics... they were playing with little white girls n boys.. not holding political rallies . Furthermore.. justice and unity is what will free us from racisim.. this is just opening the gap. Most young ppl today see that to be true as well.. ask yoursef why is this lil girl preachin hate.. to a public school and diverse audience.. wouldnt it have been as productive to preach unity? Thats what most young ppl believe in today anyways.. why is lil A.Ashanti's mind so far off from the rest of young americans? Most of us hate because our elders tought us to.. or were wounded while trying to love. I truly still believe we catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Just my take... but nobody saw that. You all just saw a smart lil blk girl makin white folk mad.. horray rite? no.. because those are not the words of a prodigy child. but the words of a parent who lives vicariously thr the child.. and we all know thats not healthy? what next? Given she is a very well educated child, but is her educated mind being misdirected?

these were her words...

White Nationalism Put U In Bondage
White nationalism is what put you in bondage

Pirate and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin

Drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with

Steel, tricks and deceit.

Nothing has changed take a look in our streets

The mis-education of she and Hegro — leaves you on your knee2grow

Black lands taken from your hands, by vampires with no remorse

They took the gold, the wisdom and all of the storytellers

They took the black women, with the black man weak

Made to watch as they changed the paradigm

Of our village

They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went

So far as to kill the unborn baby

Yeah White nationalism is what put you in bondage

Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin

They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with

Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.

Nothing has changed take a look at our streets.

Autum's performance also included commanding white students to remain seated as she led black students in a recitation of the "Black Child's Pledge," which reads in part:

I pledge allegiance to my Black People.
I pledge to develop my mind and body to the greatest extent possible.

I will learn all that I can in order to give my best to my People in their struggle for liberation.

…I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and constructively rather than wasting them in idle hatred…

I will train myself never to hurt or allow others to harm my Black brothers and sisters…

These principles I pledge to practice daily and to teach them to others in order to unite my People.

PoeticManifesta said:
but is this really what should be on the minds of our 7 year olds? Warded that shes very intelligent.. but she seems like a puppet of her "nation of islam" father to me. If they were her own developed views she spoke of then i would say yes! yes! but... these are the views that were instilled in her.. and since she has only been tought what her father sees fit.. who knows what else hes been feeding her young mind. Applauded none the lesss.. but MLK did not have a dream about 7 year olds in politics... they were playing with little white girls n boys.. not holding political rallies . Furthermore.. justice and unity is what will free us from racisim.. this is just opening the gap. Most young ppl today see that to be true as well.. ask yoursef why is this lil girl preachin hate.. to a public school and diverse audience.. wouldnt it have been as productive to preach unity? Thats what most young ppl believe in today anyways.. why is lil A.Ashanti's mind so far off from the rest of young americans? Most of us hate because our elders tought us to.. or were wounded while trying to love. I truly still believe we catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Just my take... but nobody saw that. You all just saw a smart lil blk girl makin white folk mad.. horray rite? no.. because those are not the words of a prodigy child. but the words of a parent who lives vicariously thr the child.. and we all know thats not healthy? what next? Given she is a very well educated child, but is her educated mind being misdirected?

I agree that she is probably being influenced by her parents, but haven't we all at some point, even those of us who are grown?

Also, in your opinion, how would you distinguish sentiments of hate with telling the truth about racism?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back