Black People : Young Teenz Using The N-Bomb

AfRiCaNrOoTs5o

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 5, 2004
Well,I Went Out With My Cousin To The Arcade.We Were Playing And We Got Tickets When We Finished The Game.Well,We Could Exchange Tickets For Small Prizes.I Had Her Tokens And She Said,"*****,Give Me My Tickets."I Said "Why Did You Call Me A ***** ?."She Replied Back With,"Because That Is What You Are,A *****."I'm Thinking To Myself,"What The Heck Is She Talking About."She Doesn't Even Know The History Behind That Word.She Is 16 Years Old By The Way,She Is Smart, But Uses That Word Freely.

Threads Like This Were Probably Made Before...I'm Just Sharing This With You All...I Just Think Is Kids My Age Should Read Up On Stuff Before Saying An Offensive Slang Word Like It Is Nothing...Can I Have Your Opinions On This Conversation...

AfricanRoots5o, I remember reading somewhere that you said that you were about 13 years of age(correct me if I am wrong on that)... I remember, also, reading where you said that you don't watch the BET & MTV Rap Videos, and so forth, because you found them completely insulting... Well, you are one mature, precocious, and clear young man, and I wanted to take the time out to praise you for following the path you've chosen, and for being so strong and intelligent at such a young age...(smile!)

Yes, brother, your cousin's use of the N-Word was absolutely wrong, and her telling you that YOU are a N was heartbreaking... All that Africans in the United States have struggled for, all the ancestors murdered, lynched, raped, and this is how our babies "esteem" and deem themselves, as nothing but a N!!! Whew...man...

"******", firstly, is not a "slang" word, AfricanRoots5o, it is a nasty, nefariously charged and invented dysphemism, which Europeans used to humiliate our ancestors... Those ancestors fought hard to have that word expunged, eliminated, and forbidden from usage by the White Man, not knowing that the abjectly ignorant among our own would take it to shameful heights of infamy and notoriety. The ancestors had not idea that we would turn out to be our own worst enemies, and curse and **** one another nightly and daily with this cancerous word...

Know this AfricanRoots5o, your cousin and many of our youth are not entirely responsible for their use of this word... It is the adults who have failed miserably in the lesson of maintaining the powerful stigma we once collectively attached to this most devastating of all epithets... I want you to know from an adult, young brother, that this word is cancerous, and you are absolutely right to feel the way you do about it... Next time your cousin uses that word as she did, to defame you, tell her you will not have any more conversations with someone who uses that word in the way she did toward you. Let her know how deeply it offends you, and refuse to accept anything less than her utmost respect of your feelings. One person with courage stands as a majority against the ignorant thinking of millions, brother...

Peace and Blessings!
Isaiah

each time the word comes out of the mouth of a black person it is a blow to black self esteem.
no one around me ever uses it.
if i were you, i would not permit anyone around you to use it.
this may be difficult but it is something we have to do.

what other ethnic group do you hear calling itself by derogatory names? :blob fire:

Anyone who has been called this nasty name would think twice about using it. Even rappers who use the word starting in the mid 80s knew what the word was about and were trying to take power back by using it. Those of us over the age of about 17 mostly know the story. But many younger ones here the free use of the word in hip hop and DONT know the history. That is a problem. If someone knows and they feel it is empowerment, then who am I to judge, but if they dont know it, that is why these days more and more white people think they can toss the word around in a non-racist way.....NOT AROUND ME. Out side of hip hop, the only time I heard that word growing up was out the mouth of a redneck.....along with other slurs and generally biggoted comments and backhanded compliments. I dont personally use the word in everyday talk....I dont even like to say it but if it is part of rap lyrics, I can.....strange huh? At least I understand the history and why some blacks have chosen to use it though.

AfRiCaNrOoTs5o

When I was growing up...up until my late teenage years, I too used that word frequently. Then, one day, I challenged myself to put my money where my mouth...and my thoughts...were. I decided to stop using the "n" word. I made it a part of who I am to not use that word. It became apart of my manhood...however, I defined it. I decided not to use negative terms in reference to my people for no reason whatsoever...ESPECIALLY the "n" word. The "n" word is one of the most devastatingly effective words ever thought of to bring down our people mentally and spiritually. Second, of course, the use of the "b" word in reference to our Black women. It too I do not use. But, that's a topic for another thread.

As our brothas stated earlier, let it be known that you wish not be called such a word. And stick to this decision...for you will be tested. They'll say something like..."Oh, it slipped. My bad." Or, "I was just teasing you. Don't be so sensitive." Make a decision...and stick with it. You've got a brain. You're using it. Let others know that you use it and wish not to be called such things. Demand your respect.

Dapz.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back