Black Spirituality Religion : Young Sagittarius

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KWABENA, Oct 1, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hetep Family:

Now this is mainly for those Astrologers/Astronomers out there (Brothas Aqil, Omo), but anyone can respond to this.

I am a 'Sag,' and as a Sag, I was wondering from your perspectives-

How is being a Sagittarius and being this Young vividly affecting my life? What would be your idea of a Young Sagittarius - What do you see in them (or us) through your [secondary] senses? (The senses other than the original Touch, See, Smell, Hear, See)

Peace

KD

(Just wanted to gain some 'AstroKnowledge' from those who would and could know...)

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother, as a "Sagitarius" myself, before attempting to answer any questions I would have to know the exact day and time to determine if you are indeed a Sagittarius.

I say this because there is a "13th" constellation which the Sun travels from late November to early December and this is the constellation "Ophiuchus".

Since I have had some interaction with you in regards to some health concerns I can state that PERHAPS (if you were born before December 7th) you are "Ophicuhi" and this would explain your health concern. It might also help to explain the work you are doing in your efforts to HEAL the young Brothers under you care. Those who it is your inherent DIVINE NATURE to advocate for.

"Ophiuchus" has significance in "mythology" for several reasons and it's symbol is generally associated with healing and the medical profession.

jmho,
    Om.

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Thank You Brotha Omo for responding.

According to the little re-search I went back and did, it does appear that I am an Opiuchus.' (Good Lookin' out on that Information)

This is interesting, because much, much of the characteristics for a 'Sagittarius' match up with me, including the traveling, and seeking Knowledge. After I started this thread, I 'wandered' around the web, and located this site, which almost perfectly described what I just did! (Starting the thread, and the purpose for starting the Thread)

In the meantime, I will stand by, and [patiently] await more responses...

KD

Thanks Again Brotha Omo

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hetep:

Thanks again Brotha Omo!

What I am really trying to do now is find out something listing the characteristics of an 'Opiuchus.' The 'Health Concerns' certainly does reflect me (Emotional, Mental, Physical), just as the characteristics of the Sagittarius does (as you previously pointed out). Also, I will bring to your attention that I found somewhere that said that the 'Opiuchus' was very closely synonymous with Imhotep (Egyptian Father of Medicine). I am now trying to find more information on that.

Meanwhile, I will take advantage of the sources that you provided me with.

Peace-

KD

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
  6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    omowale,

I am astounded as well as very interested in what you have presented here and I am wondering if you have any book recommendations/site recommendations (besides the ones already posted) for anyone that wanted to do re-search on this..I need to know the truth about the 'aquarius' which is paradigm that I fit in according to mainstream..

:welldone: :welldone:

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Yes brother I-khan!

First let me say this.

If you go to BlackPlanet.com, search for the profile page "GodSun57".

That is my home page and has a multitude of various links which I believe you will find interesting.

In addition to "astro-logic" i was taught "number-ology" at a very young age my one of my aunt's. So I generally begin using a nemerological formula based on one's name and calculate their 'sacred number'. It is most accurate if if corresponds with the date of your birth.

From there I try to associate one's "Neteru". In the case of brother Cedric and myself it corresponds to anup Ophis, that is to say, Anubis.

I also correlate based upon the day of the week one is born and my reference for that is "African Heritage of the Akan" by Osafo K. Osei.

Osei has a chart of "Soulnames" and explains according to the day, what English ancient dieties correspond. I was born on Wednesday, which corresponds to Wodin, which in the Greek is Mercury, or Hermes, the Kemetic Thoth. I then take the meaning based on meaning according to position of birth related to other siblings. Example, I was born on Wednesday (Kwaku) and am the first-born son of a first-born son ( Baako.)

So, in akan, I am 'Kwaku Baako' .Now, since Wednesday is considered a sacred day another 'soulname' is added...Awukudae. So I am 'Awukudae Kwaku Baako'.

I take the caracters of the complete name and add,

Awukudae=8+
    Kwaku=5+
    Baako=5
    Nine signifies completion.

Personally, this is my sole use for the second source, the Metu Neter. I take the "sacred number" and correspond to the Stage of Initiation.

Since this is described as a system of SELF-INITIATION, then I do not need or reguire a "medium" to guide me through this stage. Others may view this an error but it is what is presently working for me.

From that I then have other sources I can recommend.

1. Rocky Sung's Guide to chinese Astrology and Feng Shui.

I, for one, do not dismiss the notion of the ASIATIC BLACK MAN. For 20 years i taught world history and culture, and english reading, and aam a constant continual student of 'Our Story' and my world view is NOT "afrocentric" but a UNIVERSAL outlook. This includes chinese astrology and feng shui.

2. The Secret doctrin, by H.P. Blavatsky, Vol 1. Cosmogenesis.

If one can get beyond her proto-Aryan race-root theories, Blavatsky is a welath of knowledge concerning our "Stolen Legacy". Rather, I now view it more as not merely 'stolen' but moreso neglect on our part because WE let THEM into OUR "secret societies".

Blavatsky laid the foundations, along with Gerald Massey for 'theosophy' and wrote extensively on the zodiacal system from my specialty, a comparative mythological standpoint. In particular, Chapter XVII, "The Zodiac and It's Antiquity"

3. Black Love Signs by Thelma Balfour.

4. The complete Book of Astrology by Aubin and Rifkin.

5. Your Astrology Guide 2006.

I sometimes by the books by Linda Goodman and Sidney Omarr buonly for their charts since I am in the "advanced stage" of constructing my own charts and "astro-projections"

In conclusion, let me also suggest some additional reading which may give some insight into the realm of "speculation" and I do this in recognition also of part of my family heritage, the indigenous "American" roots...

Maya by Charles Gallencamp

Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 by John Major Jenkins.

Section 5. Mythology and Astronomy.
    Section 21. Izapan Astronomy and Cosmology
    Appendix 3. Space-Time Maps of the Sun and Pleiades in the Zenith

"According to Maya calendar cosmology, the end of time and space is 13.0.0.0.0, December 21, 2012."

While some would interpret this end to occur in the sign of Sagittarius>Capricorn, I have a different interpretation and believe that it speaks to the idea of "The Last shall be First and the First shall be Last" or something to that effect.

This "end point" is in the near future and signifies to me the "end" of the cycle of completion which shall correspond, for me, to the axact age in which my Father was when he "passed". The age of 55.

5=5=10
    1=0=1.

The starting point. So for me, according to my "earth age" 12/21/2012 corresponds to the end time and the "first time" or starting point of a New Creation.

This is known to the Maya as the Galactic Zero Time.

I spoke concerning the 12 zodiac = 1 (Ophiuchus)

In the mayan system this corresponds to the "Great cycle of 13".

The 1st day of this cycle corresponds to August 12, 3114 B.c.

The date for the Ist Egyptian Dynasty of Narmer (Menes) is about 3100 B.C.-2890 B.C. This corresponds to the beginning of the Great cycle in the "Age of Leo".

It is said that we are now ushering in the "Age of Aquarius". I am not sure but Aquarius I have associated with Anubis as the Opener of the Way and my Father was born in the sun sign of Aquarius.

What all of this signifies is a complex system I use based on Akan/kemetic/mayan cosmology, and a core of at least 10 related texts!

I hope that you find some of these references useful!

HETEP!

Om.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hetep-

HAHA! Yeah! I feel you on that!

There is a big connection between all of this. I am currently perusing, and studying African Holistic Health by [Imhotep] Dr. Llaila Afrika, who is very 'big' on the works of Imhotep. When I view Health, I see it as HEALth. The purpose is to HEAL and be HEALed. That would mean:

Mental HEALing
    Physical HEALing
    Emotional HEALing
    Psychological HEALing
    Spiritual HEALing

you get the point...

Be that as it may, you can basically see what direction I am headed in!

Moreover, I would also like to learn and study Number-ology as well. I feel that all of this will add up - while in pursuit of the Self-Knowledge, acquiring the 'Mind of Imhotep' in the process.

Things like this makes Life so Good! LOL!

Peace-

KD

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Why Thank You Brotha Omo!

Let us generate WEALTH through great, solid HEALTH!

KD

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    you may have no idea on how much I appreciate this for its value to our people in this world.....much respect.