Black People : "Young People", Toni Morrison and Cornel West.

Chuck: What exactly are you asking us to do about our issues and problems via the here and now?

I. e., my generations movements aka the seventies were destroyed during the era of Nixon, and if anything today's generations need their own, not rely on those of the past, NAACP, which we too rejected and (at best) are relics of compromises which advance self serving agendas of folk who hardly represent us as a people...

Other than recounting how Garvey fought earlier battles with the original mainstays of such organizations, if they is what you're using to promote yourself as a would be leader of our people as well, I wouldn't bet on it!

FYI...

Brother, I recently found myself disinclined to the NAACP because of a recent film to come out entitled "Dark Girls."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UW31Te1awVw

This trailer informed me of where our people are. I was pretty oblivious of Shadeism in America. However, NAACP is a shadeist institution. For instance, the word "Colored" refers to the impure Negro. That said, I did not come in to lambast different African people, but to lambast the NAACP (of which each of these Africans represent.)

No, it's not my claim to fame. Simply, living under MA'AT, I find it apt to always do right by my people. If my people are raising up 'talkers' of the "NAACP" no less then I will try to, opportunity willing, bring down those 'talkers' and the NAACP.

Always do right, brother. At every opportunity, bring up John Horse. You feel me?

That's what our people should have.

Brother, I recently found myself disinclined to the NAACP because of a recent film to come out entitled "Dark Girls."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UW31Te1awVw

This trailer informed me of where our people are. I was pretty oblivious of Shadeism in America. However, NAACP is a shadeist institution. For instance, the word "Colored" refers to the impure Negro. That said, I did not come in to lambast different African people, but to lambast the NAACP (of which each of these Africans represent.)

No, it's not my claim to fame. Simply, living under MA'AT, I find it apt to always do right by my people. If my people are raising up 'talkers' of the "NAACP" no less then I will try to, opportunity willing, bring down those 'talkers' and the NAACP.

Always do right, brother. At every opportunity, bring up John Horse. You feel me?

That's what our people should have.

Chuck:

No...For a number of reasons, I'm not 'feeling' you...

And...To me, your comments are meant to be self serving doubletalk...

Don't be suprised if I don't post back to you, at all...

SMH...

Well, no disrespect to anyone but what are you all talking about? The posted video has nothing to do with the history of the two speakers. I have learned to fall in love with truth no matter what the source is. If it is the truth, then it is the truth. In other words, it is what it is.

Grant it, yes, both Cornell West and Toni Morrison are outdated and irrelevant on many of their angles, however I understand that and I have no problem with it because it is about time for them both to pass the torch on to a more youthful representative that understands this time. The only person of older age, physically speaking, who is still relevant AND EFFECTIVE is Min. Louis Farrakhan. Other than him, they all need to find a person to pass their torches off to.

With that being said, the information that was shared in the video was true!!! There is a skipped gradient that we as young people have to retrace and figure out the proper solution because the course that we are currently on leads only to death and destruction.
Let us please stay relevant to the conversation being discussed. when @skuderjaymes posted this video, i doubt he had in mind to get into their personal biographies and sharing ancient quotes from WEB Dubois. That is all fine and dandy but I am humbly speaking on behalf of the younger people....WHO CARES? After reading the WEB quote, it only reminded me of horrendously, boring writing styles that makes you want to smack him and tell him to K.I.S.S it (Keep it simple stupid). This is one of the main reasons younger people care less about reading these ancient authors. No one wants to decode your old english, shakesperean style mysteries that are considered deep by the academic world but garbage minutia by ray-ray! Speak directly and clearly and we all will be a lot more effective.

However I do share the ideology that more builders are needed and less talking. I hope this doesn't come over as controversial, but I wanted to keep it real and blunt because the skipped gradient between the older generation and the new generation is lack of proper communication. There is such a tremendous gap that simplicity and bluntness are the only two vehicles that can make our community whole. Peace!

From, yours truly, MasterDJ 24yrs of age

Chuck:

Yes...I finally found the original, and on point/time time commentary...

FYI...

Chuck:

"When peace is scattered, imagine a flock of gentle sheep and lambs feeding in sunny meadows...

The slow and gentle gait across the slopes and among the grasses is so peadful that the whole atmosphere is laced with serenity...

And then think what it is when a few goats get in with the sheep(!).

Mischief begins...

It is not the nature of goats to graze peacefully...They move among the sheep causing restlessness until the whole flock is ill at east...

There are goats among us. They cry an nip and bite, They stir up activity that is not congenial, and it is a real job to separate the sheep from the goats...

And, more than this, we have to make sure we are not one of the goats(!)...

Self hood is ever calm and unshaken by the storms of existence...

Ohiyesa

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back