Black People : Young Millionaires & Producers Program (Urban Wall Street)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Full Speed, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Many of our people seem to think that "economic oppression" is the show stopper for us or that "Desegregation" caused the economic down fall of the Black community. Those who embrace that ideology make statements such as:

"The difference today is that they rely mostly on police power
    and economic oppression in the form of mis-education and pacification through
    propaganda dressed up as knowledge and entertainment."

At this point, we have a choice to make. We can take the word of those who make excuses as to why we cannot create Black wealth, or we can take the word of those who are out there CREATING BLACK WEALTH. One thing you will notice about those who are out there creating black wealth is that they rarely, if ever, talk about being economically oppressed, or VICTIMS of white supremacy, or hindered by their black skin. They just get up in the morning and pursue their vison....and you know what...nobody is there to stop them.

So, who are we going to listen to, those who are out there doing it, or those who will arm you with excuses for not doing it?

What is "economic oppression"? How do these Millionaires avoid it? They have so much advice for us, why arent they warning us about the "economic oppression" we face?

A word of warning...you will never get an explaination of what "economic oppresion" is from those who are not out there building black wealth but are using that catch phrase and excuse for NOT building black wealth.

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Regardless of what someone's environment is you can't use that as an excuse to not get out there and do something for yourself and become something...

Yes it may be harder for a black person than a white to get a loan from a bank to start their business, but so what...You gotta have drive, passion and perseverance to over come many of those obstacles that us black people may face...

It can be done.

3. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Any Black person with a solid business idea and a solid business plan and the communication skills to present that idea and plan to an investor can get funding for their venture. In fact, because of set asides for minority businesses, it is often times easier for Black entrepreneurs to secure funding for their business ventures.

4. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Does Black Nationalism stand any chance whatsoever without the entrepreneurial mindset? Can Black people ever be free and independent without these types of guys? These types of guys do not talk about "Economic Oppression"...why is that? Because there is too much legitimate OPPURTUNITY out there to focus on the things that non-entrepreneurial minded people focus on.

5. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Brother, this strikes Gold and becomes the apex of the Anderson(s) Ebony Experiment/Empowerment Experiment. Wonderful presentation and this is more powerful than the thread, if fact, this replaces the initial thread information, for me...

Question, are you a member or Marketer yet? If so, fill me in through PM. I'm very interested in getting on board and catching this train and would not want you to lose any credit or sponsorship under network marketing, if any.

7. Full Speed

Ratings:
    +1,045
    The brother who started this network Delxino Wilson de Briano is good people. Deep. Uplifting. Listen to some of his video's. He's a good business man.

I have made a LOT of money in Network marketing. I have followed this network for several years. I have never actually joined as a member business, but I have ordered some products from some of their business network members. I have followed them because I have a strong interest in business in general and Black Business specifically. I have been a reader of Black Enterprise Magazine since I was in high school.

When I first learned about these guys, I was no longer in conventional business nor a Network Marketing business. If you are familiar with Excel Communications, I was in that business and making good, consistent money with them when they folded. Since that time, I have felt burnt on Network Marketing and currently have no interest in Network Marketing although I still strongly believe in the concept. The problem I have with it is that PEOPLE will not follow through on their commitments. In other words, If I bring them to the table telling them I can help them make money IF they do x, y, & z. I feel TERRIBLE if I they don't do x, y, & z and I can't help them earn what I suggested I would help them make....even though I made it crystal clear that their making money was 100% contingent upon them doing x, y, & z.

I have helped a lot of people make decent money, but I had to carry many people. People come to the table so excited about making money. I bend over backwards to make sure they understand that if they don't do anything they don't make anything. They assure me they will do x, y, & z, but they DON'T. I feel TERRIBLE about that. So, that form of business is not for me anymore. I prefer hiring people, that way if they don't do what I instruct them to do, I can simply fire them.

So, as far as this Black Business Network is concerned, I am very familiar with them, but have not become a member business. I like their mindset, their philosophy, and their energy.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Thanks brother for the back-drop, I hear you, been there and done that too, as one net worker to another, you are correct. However, this idea is nearly a panacea as it relates to our people, it will and could answer a plethora of problems, all at once, I like it and will keep you posted on how it turns out...Peace In my friend,

9. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28

So, self-admittedly, you have a fundamental problem with a Black Nationalist Universal View.

Only on THIS board could such a question even be posed (as your above question,) and not receive the equal brevity in rebuttal.

Therefore, I defy you to meet ME on MINES, where there are literally thousands of Black Nationalist Voices also, at least as numerous as there are here.

I'LL concede this however--because I don't subscribe to 'premium-membership' over here, you can't 'pm' ME like everyone else does.

(or whatever it is that they do so..)

That means you'll first have to scare up enough courage to e-mail ME at [email protected] for the address.

But I guarantee you---that you'll get your question answered.

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    The question, or shall I say, subject of black nationalism has been
    addressed qualitatively and quantitatively on this board by a number
    of members on Destee. It is as you've surmised...., that FullSpeed
    has a fundamental issue with it.

You are familiar with the pro-ball player, manny ramirez? How
    folks say, "that's just manny being manny"? Well, this is FullSpeed
    being FullSpeed. Folks periodically turn the spigot off and allow him
    to wallow in his own reservoir of contempt.