Black People : Young Blacks Are Practicing Safer Sex Than White Counterparts

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Young Blacks Are Practicing Safer Sex Than White Counterparts

WASHINGTON - A new study says even though Blacks ages 18-26 are practicing safer sex than their White counterparts, they still are "nearly 25 times more likely to be infected than White young people engaging in the same behavior."

The study, titled "Sexual and Drug Behavior Patterns and HIV/STD Racial Disparities: The Need for New Directions," shows Black youth in this age group aren't drinking, smoking or using drugs as much as Whites their age, but statistically they have a greater chance of having sex with someone who has an STD because the prevalence is so high in the Black community.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

Seems the odds are always stacked against us ... no matter what we do ... yall be careful ... keep up the good work.

:heart:

Destee

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...After all, WE are NOT the ones who follow the ways of Dionysus...

Nonetheless, this, like many other (re)views, does not surprise me.

KD

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother KWABENA ... Brother OldSoul is teaching on this very topic today ... join us if you can!

:heart:

Destee

4. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    LiesLiesLies

Blacks are not the majority with STD's whites are. I know more whites with HIV/AIDS, STDS than the blacks I know, and I know more blacks!

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I agree Africana!

Do anyone know how they really collect these statistics?

They set up shop at the free or health centers for low-income families. They donate so much money toward these institutions which in turn, allots them access to certain personal records.

In higher income communities, where there contributions arent needed, rarely are they allowed access to those records. So therefore, they cannot do a thorough analyzes of caucasians whom have the hiv/aids virus or any STDs.

So basically, they can not do an accurate study, yet still they post their findings knowing this. This causes grave alarm in our communities and further divide us from one another. Making us believe we are the worst people on the planet to form relationships with and it's safer to date outside our race.

While STDs and HIV/AIDs should cause alarm and initiate the practicing of safe sex, we should also keep in mind, that the greatest partner to have, is one of our own.

7. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    HIV *DOES NOT* Cause AIDS!!!!

The reason we practice "safer" sex and still are "infected" at higher rates is because we are targeted by the White Supremacist economic structure. HIV does not cause AIDS...I repeat...HIV...DOES...NOT...Cause...AIDS!!!

A few things you should know. There is no such thing as an HIV test. When you take one with the purported name, it checks for antibodies for the HIV virus, not the virus itself. There is no known virus or bacteria in the world that can survive after the human body creates antibodies for it. The only reason it hasn't been exposed mainstream is because HIV/AIDS research makes too much money.

You really shouldn't believe me, so listen to the expert pathologists on retroviruses. There is a growing medical/biological community calling for real research to be done. If you want to know the probable real causes of AIDS, then look at this shortened video...please...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6830231400057553023&q=hiv

Oh yeah...this is not telling you to stop practicing safe sex.