Black Christians : You will suffer for being a Christian

John 15:

[18] If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
[19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
[20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
[21] But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

Principles of Christian Suffering (Outline)*
Thomas F. Fischer, M.Div., M.S.A.
Number 16

1. True faith will be tested. Christians, because they are Christians, will inevitably undergo constant testing.

2. The stronger the potential faith, the greater the testing one should expect.
In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job.
This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil....
He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.
Job 1:1,2 (NIV)

3. Testing and suffering reminds us who really is Lord of our life...and it's not us!!!

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your body.

I Corinthians 6:20 (NIV)

For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.
If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord.
So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
Romans 14;7-8 (NIV)

4. The hardest thing about suffering is remembering the central focus of the test: to keep our faith strong.. If we lose this focus, we fail the test. Failure is never final; God is always forgiving and will restore us even when we have failed.

5. For this reason, as the Christian regularly and daily prays for a stronger faith, he can also expect that the strengthening of one’s faith may best be accomplished through the experience of testing

will people who is christian suffer because of this if so where does it say this ?
Yes, you will suffer for being a Christian. ...

Just as the Disciples were told to spread The Gospel, all Believers were given the same commission; and Jesus said we would be among wolves as sheep and lambs.

Matt. 10:
[16] Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luke 10:
[3] Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

Just as the Disciples were told to spread The Gospel, all Believers were given the same commission; and Jesus said we would be among wolves as sheep and lambs.

Matt. 10:
[16] Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luke 10:
[3] Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

absolutely.

putting on the full armor of God.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back