Black Christians : You will suffer for being a Christian

I want to thank all who are participating in this thread, as I'm here to teach the Word of God so that others may know, I am also learning as well.

I do ask to all that are quoting verses from the Bible to please state the passage from which you are quoting, so not to confuse others who may not know, and that we can go back and reference to what has been quoted to read the truth for ourselves.

Thank you.

So Paul, (formally known as Saul), was proud of his sufferings. This man goes on boasting about all that he went through.

2 Corinthians 11:16-29 (NIV)​

Verses [22-29] Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own country men, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily pressure of my own concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?​

Verses [30-33] If I must boast, I will boast of things that show my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying. In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me. But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.​

The Lord Exposes the Wicked who Attack Christians
alayrule.gif

Psalm 120:1-2 says: "I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me. Save me O Lord, from lying lips and from deceitful tongues."

Are you being attacked by someone? Has the devil been trying to destroy you?

This happens a lot in the lives of Christians. They are attacked daily by someone or something. We as Christians know when we are being attacked. It is from the devil, and his plan is to try to destroy Christians and also people who are not Christians. The good and awesome news is the Lord will expose those who are wicked and are trying to destroy you. Hebrews 4:12 says: "For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are."

Psalm 119:78 says: "Bring disgrace upon the arrogant people who lied about me; meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments."

God is the answer to our victory, and God's word is the answer to win our victory. All we have to do is press forward to what we know is right, and what we know the Lord wants us to do, and Jesus will meet us in our needs....

...Sometimes Christians are attacked by someone, and we get so angry that it leaves bitterness in us; and that is an opportunity for the devil to destroy that Christian. We have to be careful when we are being attacked by someone, because naturally we will become angry when we are being attacked, and it can cost us badly. But we have to make sure we are angry at the right thing, and that's the devil--not the person, but the devil. When we are angry at the person, that is when bitterness builds up in us and can destroy us. But, when we are angry instead at what has a hold on the person, that is a "good" angry.

We also as Christians have to remember when we are in God's will Jesus will not let us lose our battles if we let him have our problems. What is your battle? Are you battling with cancer or with some kind of illness; are you battling with paying your bills each month, or are you battling with something that the devil is trying to take away from you that the Lord gave you? How you win victory over your battles is by finding something about it from God in his Word, the Bible, and claiming it in Jesus' name. Then it's yours; consider it done! But, we have to remember that often God might have something better for us. For example, if you are sick and you find out your illness is not curable, then you would go to Jesus, who is the healer of all sickness and can heal any kind of sickness that no man can treat. But, you pray and pray and your body keeps getting sicker, and finally the Lord takes you. It was not that your prayer was not answered; it was the Lord had something better for you, and that is to meet him face to face in Heaven. What would you rather have, your life here or be face to face with Jesus in Heaven?

When you are being attacked by someone, remember God will expose that person for who they are. Jesus will not let anything harm his children. The devil is out to destroy God's children, especially the ones who hold a big calling on their lives.

But, praise God, as long as we serve our Saviour Jesus Christ and stay in his Word and in prayer daily, the devil cannot harm us. God's word is powerful, and God does answer prayers.

The wicked will be exposed, and you will be restored with blessing. Psalm 119:71 says: "The suffering you sent was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your principles." (God's word)...

complete article here: http://www.scripturalnuggets.org/folder1/THE LORD EXPOSES THE WICKED WHO ATTACK CHRISTIANS.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back